Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] O/T Video File Change

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Hey peeps, sorry but I dunno where else to go and NSC always has an answer for everything. Just putting together a video of a recent trip to Disneyworld and the old version of Elements I am using recognises every file from every phone or camera except a cheapo GoPro type camera that I bought. Every time I add the media file it only plays audio.

I have searched everywhere I can't work out how to solve it except for the option to convert the files from MP4 to something else. There seems to be a lot of sites claiming to be able to convert video files but most I have looked at scare for for the shit they will insert on my PC when they do it!

Anyone recommend a safe site for this or maybe a cheap but of downloadable software I can use?

Cheers in advance [emoji3]

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hey peeps, sorry but I dunno where else to go and NSC always has an answer for everything. Just putting together a video of a recent trip to Disneyworld and the old version of Elements I am using recognises every file from every phone or camera except a cheapo GoPro type camera that I bought. Every time I add the media file it only plays audio.

I have searched everywhere I can't work out how to solve it except for the option to convert the files from MP4 to something else. There seems to be a lot of sites claiming to be able to convert video files but most I have looked at scare for for the shit they will insert on my PC when they do it!

Anyone recommend a safe site for this or maybe a cheap but of downloadable software I can use?

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

I use this a lot to convert files, and most people you talk to will recommend it too. Free.
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

VLC does convert files as well, as mentioned above - from the 'file' menu (on a Mac) or 'media' menu (PC). It has more file-output options than Handbrake.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here