Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Do you live in Basingstoke?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
As a motorist I well understand the fears that this will lead to gridlock but as a pedestrian the scheme looks great. It is a nightmare to cross at the Aquarium, St James Street, Old Steine or Castle square.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As a motorist I well understand the fears that this will lead to gridlock but as a pedestrian the scheme looks great. It is a nightmare to cross at the Aquarium, St James Street, Old Steine or Castle square.

No it isn't just push the button and wait for the green man

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
It isn't a real Green Man.
I have given you a thumbs up for that witty remark but even in my late 70’s I do realise that! My serious point is that people have been killed crossing the roads in that area andI do think it is a very confusing area with so many crossings. I can understand why planners are trying to make it more pedestrian friendly but it will be at the expense of traffic flow.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I do but many do not. Even waiting for the Green Man I find it all a bit confusing and frightening.

So what scares you so much ? Seems pretty simple to me - push button - wait for beeping and big green man.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have given you a thumbs up for that witty remark but even in my late 70’s I do realise that! My serious point is that people have been killed crossing the roads in that area andI do think it is a very confusing area with so many crossings. I can understand why planners are trying to make it more pedestrian friendly but it will be at the expense of traffic flow.

Nobody has been killed there crossing on a crossing.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
So what scares you so much ? Seems pretty simple to me - push button - wait for beeping and big green man.

Twice this year at the crossing north of the Aquarium I have started to cross on green man only for a car not to stop. As said in previous post there have been pedestrian casualties in this area. It maybe the walker was at fault so I can well understand planners trying to improve the area for pedestrians.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a lifelong Brightonian, I’ve used the ‘Palace Pier’ roundabout set up countless times as a driver, cyclist and pedestrian. Never a problem.

This alteration will slow traffic down and increase congestion. It’s never, ever admitted, but it’s always part of the plan to ‘drive’ motorists out of the city.

Which would be fine if there was an amazing integrated transport system, with park n ride widely available by each main artery into the city. There isn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here