Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bolton set to be issued a winding up order by HMRC

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bolton Wanderers are set to be issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs.

BBC Radio Manchester reports that a petition by HMRC was filed on 4 February, although no date for a hearing has been made available.

The Championship club has been asked for comment.

Bolton owner Ken Anderson said on Monday that he was in "detailed discussions" with an interested party about the sale of the club.

Last month, Anderson said he was "doing his utmost" to find a buyer amid fan protests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47173241

With so many recent threats of entering administration avoided, will they be able to escape this action against them or have their debts finally caught up with them (despite all their recent attempts to stay in business)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Feel for the fans there. That Ken Anderson bloke is a piece of work, the sooner they get shot of him the better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t we try and buy a Bolton player just before the end of the window but didn’t meet their valuation? Seems odd they didn’t sell or or they that deep in the shit that it would have been a spit in the ocean? Reminds me of when we sold Beeney (thanks Howard Wilkinson!) to enable us to pay the tax man.

Edit, yes we did try and sign a Bolton player

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...-bolton-teenager-luca-connell-in-the-balance/

Last edited:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Closure has been held back so many times on many clubs and there are only so many Peter's to pay Paul and Bolton Wanderers hopefully will follow Accrington Stanley (rich is IMHO highley respected since it,s reformation) and send some sanity into football,but i don't hold my breath.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn’t we try and buy a Bolton player just before the end of the window but didn’t meet their valuation? Seems odd they didn’t sell or or they that deep in the shit that it would have been a spit in the ocean? Reminds me of when we sold Beeney (thanks Howard Wilkinson!) to enable us to pay the tax man.

Edit, yes we did try and sign a Bolton player

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...-bolton-teenager-luca-connell-in-the-balance/

Well, if the club's wound up we'll be able to get him for nothing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Feel for the fans there. That Ken Anderson bloke is a piece of work, the sooner they get shot of him the better.

Similar to you in pity, but also for my brother in law who works for the club and in one role 'enjoys' the role of mascot on matchday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, if the club's wound up we'll be able to get him for nothing.

I shouldn't have, but I did laugh at that.

Bolton are in the bottom three and cast adrift. Is their demise due to carelessness, overpayment to agents and players, or an owner who is, as my old mum used to say 'all fur coat and no knickers'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, in answer to my own question, we have this from the manager of Forest Green Rovers:

Vince did not hold back about Anderson’s failure to pay the wages of Christian Doidge, the Forest Green forward on loan at Bolton since August, saying Anderson had taken on the contract without the money to honour it and broken all his promises. Vince said Anderson effectively told him he could not force Bolton to pay, because even if Forest Green sued and put Bolton into insolvency, Anderson has security, a charge, for any loans he has put in, while Forest Green do not, so might receive only 10p in the pound.

Vince described Anderson publicly as “a rogue chairman, a slippery character and untrustworthy”. He told the Guardian that Anderson’s attitude to running up debt was “shocking” and “a sign of somebody who has been round the block on this kind of thing”.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
biggest union jack I ever did see at the Goldstone

I wish the Trotters well

White horse and all that

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Ah, in answer to my own question, we have this from the manager of Forest Green Rovers:

Vince did not hold back about Anderson’s failure to pay the wages of Christian Doidge, the Forest Green forward on loan at Bolton since August, saying Anderson had taken on the contract without the money to honour it and broken all his promises. Vince said Anderson effectively told him he could not force Bolton to pay, because even if Forest Green sued and put Bolton into insolvency, Anderson has security, a charge, for any loans he has put in, while Forest Green do not, so might receive only 10p in the pound.

Vince described Anderson publicly as “a rogue chairman, a slippery character and untrustworthy”. He told the Guardian that Anderson’s attitude to running up debt was “shocking” and “a sign of somebody who has been round the block on this kind of thing”.

Sounds like "Sunburn Steve" up the road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here