Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The green kit (a plea to the club)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Please don't bother making the green kit next season's third choice. No-one (ok, few) like the ruddy thing, and that's not going to change.

Instead of letting it sit on shelves for 15 months, bite the bullet and have a cut-price clear out at the end of this season.

Any losses can be offset by introducing two new alternative choices next season, each popular with different sub-sets of fans:

a) Something distinctive, imaginative and colourful, aimed at younger fans - eg something out there, like the Nigeria-style kit, in flouro orange.

b) Something conservative and 'traditional' (from recent times, not ruddy 1901) - eg remake of Inter Milan away kit.

Thanks for listening (or not).

theboybilly

The greet shirt, up close, is decent in my opinion but is let down by plain white shorts (as is the home kit) and black socks. All green or a contrasting colour shorts would have been much much better. Surely a design team could come up with something better.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
c) Catalan (Yellow & Red stripes) Kit in memory of Bruno

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We do seem to have given up on the green kit already, haven't we? I could be wrong but I think we've worn the gold in our last 3 away games?

Makes it feel like a bit of a limited edition item.

I for one own it and like it, but agree it's the shorts and socks that have led to it just looking a bit...weak.. as a kit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally agree. Whoever chose that kit should be given a severe dressing down. Dreadful.

I've seen the odd person wear it and they just look like a goalkeeper. There is nothing jazzy or fashionable about it. Just grim And clearly the players feel exactly the same which is why it hasn't been seen since October.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

That's a really good idea. The tribute to Bruno is accidental, what's more important is that
a) It keeps the stripes
b) No other English club plays in red/yellow stripes - it would really mark us out

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Only £8 too

bnb.JPG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely next season's kit is already ordered and scheduled to be made in the factories of the far east?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club could start by confirming what we already know . Its been retired. It hasn't been seen away from home since the Cardiff defeat back in November.
7 games since then in league / cup (West Ham, Burnley , Huddersfield, Fulham, Bournemouth, Man United, West Brom) - a mix of home kit and "third" yellow kit have been used.

Has anyone asked Barber ?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think the green looks pony, too...

What about being the first team in the PL to have a 'Rainbow' kit? :safeway:

m_5ba38a2fc9bf50abd0c33678.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ANY third kit is a cynical marketing ploy and always has been. It's selling to the gullible. If you play in stripes then you only need a single block colour as your away strip. Your opponents can only be one or the other.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The concept is nice, the delivery is poor. But that’s no surprise with kits these days.

I’m often impressed when someone does basic right. Such little care in kits these days. Too disposable.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I like it. It is my sons favourite kit in years

Everyone is different.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like the red kit a couple of years ago and the players have retired it for being unlucky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here