Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The green kit (a plea to the club)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ha ! not sure i care that much :)

ask him ...
No need. I know that it is the 2nd case, but trying to give the impression that it's the 1st case. Not that it bothers me - I just hope I prefer 1 of the 2 new kits next year.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
That's a really good idea. The tribute to Bruno is accidental, what's more important is that
a) It keeps the stripes
b) No other English club plays in red/yellow stripes - it would really mark us out

You’d be hard pressed to find an away kit with stripes these days. There is the occasional few, but generally stripes detract from the sponsors agenda and they’re a valuable asset, so for the most part kit design is decided by them.

I’m not saying it won’t happen, but supposing it won’t.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Is he trying to say that it is a better selling shirt in total - ie a more popular shirt - or that it has sold more than the yellow has after a certain date ( when loads of people already have the yellow ) ?

There is a subtle difference.

Good shout this!

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
The club could start by confirming what we already know . Its been retired. It hasn't been seen away from home since the Cardiff defeat back in November.
7 games since then in league / cup (West Ham, Burnley , Huddersfield, Fulham, Bournemouth, Man United, West Brom) - a mix of home kit and "third" yellow kit have been used.

Has anyone asked Barber ?

I emailed Barber last year to ask that it should be dropped.

As an away fan it is so difficult to spot your own players out on the far side, they just blend into the crowd, how then are the players expected to pick them out?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good shout this!

Not sure why the idea that the green shirt is more popular in sales (however you measure it) can’t be taken at face value but there’s always some who think he’s up to something !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure why the idea that the green shirt is more popular in sales (however you measure it) can’t be taken at face value but there’s always some who think he’s up to something !

Well, as Bozza says, you don't see many green shirts about. Except on the racks of the club shop, of course.

Do you think the yellow strip is simply "getting a run" is 100% believable? It's been chosen over the green kit for five games in a row. In fact, it must now be the most-used third kit in the club's history!

All this will come out in the wash, so to speak. Let's see if/when the green kit is used again... and how much it's discounted next season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Could it be that the club want to clear the stock of yellow if it is finishing in May so by us wearing it they may sell out.

I'm sure the third kit traditionally gets a run out before Xmas for this reason.

But to regularly wear a third kit over a second kit just to shift stock would be a QUITE a sales strategy...

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I emailed Paul Barber and have shared it below.

- Green shirt isn't retired. Its still "our alternative strip" but at the moment the yellow strip is "getting a run"
- Green shirt will be third shirt in 19/20.

"The green shirt is still our alternative strip and it will be next season’s third shirt too.

The green shirt remains popular with many fans, continues to sell well, and from launch has outsold last season’s alternative strip (yellow) by almost 3:1 in adult sizes and 1.5:1 in children’s sizes.

There are a variety of factors when choosing which shirt to wear when we play away -
sometimes it might just be the manager’s or players’ preference at a given time - and at the moment the yellow kit is getting a run.

Kit design and choice of colours always provokes great debate amongst fans and there will be lovers and haters of every kit we ever produce! "
Why are you wasting the time of the Vice Chairman with emails about what colour kit we're wearing?!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8773345 said:
Never had you down as a FKW

Haha. Only have the shirt.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
We do seem to have given up on the green kit already, haven't we? I could be wrong but I think we've worn the gold in our last 3 away games?

Makes it feel like a bit of a limited edition item.

I for one own it and like it, but agree it's the shorts and socks that have led to it just looking a bit...weak.. as a kit.

The kit makes no difference to results, so lets not waste any time on this item

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The kit makes no difference to results, so lets not waste any time on this item

Too late...

green-shirt.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There has been much said about the players not being able to pick each other out with the green shirts but watching MOTD I noticed how easy it was to pick out the Man City players just by them wearing luminous socks perhaps that is the answer.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well, yes, there's a big difference between luminous green and dark green.

Our luminous green/black striped shirts and volt-coloured shirts were both v popular.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On a vaguely-related note, seemed a bit odd yesterday to see Derby turn out in dark purple and their keeper turn out in slightly lighter purple. Would have thought that in moments of high pressure, with a similarly coloured backdrop of spectators, would make it unneccesarily difficult to pick out your keeper. In a game of small margins, why make it difficult for yourselves?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I noticed the U23s wore the green strip against Man City – and won! :goal:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There has been much said about the players not being able to pick each other out with the green shirts but watching MOTD I noticed how easy it was to pick out the Man City players just by them wearing luminous socks perhaps that is the answer.

Has anything been said by the actual players about not being able to pick each other out, or is it just some fans who have said they struggle?

BTW I’m colourblind and it can be difficult watching them play live in the green shirts, but fine on the telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here