Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 Ticket Question

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So a 1901 ticket can be transferred to a family member if someone dies , even thou the holder of the ticket hasn’t specified who that ticket would go to. That would be up to the next of kin?

Hmm. Now I understand your angle. The agreement contains no clauses for the member to cancel, and there are no clauses on death. Therefore, legally, I believe the deceased member's estate would assume the responsibility for the rest of the contract, and thereby accrue the benefits of the contract too. Under the circumstances where the deceased member had a will, the executor would have to deal with it; where the deceased member dies intestate, then, yes, it would fall to the next of kin. imo, obviously.

Again, one would hope that the club would do the decent thing and take the ticket back if that was what was wished.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Hmm. Now I understand your angle. The agreement contains no clauses for the member to cancel, and there are no clauses on death. Therefore, legally, I believe the deceased member's estate would assume the responsibility for the rest of the contract, and thereby accrue the benefits of the contract too. Under the circumstances where the deceased member had a will, the executor would have to deal with it; where the deceased member dies intestate, then, yes, it would fall to the next of kin. imo, obviously.

Again, one would hope that the club would do the decent thing and take the ticket back if that was what was wished.

I’m asking as probably in the near future i might be in this situation, but rather than the club cancel the contract I would be the next of kin and would want to keep the seat and pass it on to a family memeber.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m asking as probably in the near future i might be in this situation, but rather than the club cancel the contract I would be the next of kin and would want to keep the seat and pass it on to a family memeber.

I see. Probably the easiest way would be for the current member to transfer the seat to the family member now, while they are still alive, but continue to use the seat until they are no longer able to do so. Is this do-able in your situation?

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Thanks for all of your replies - very helpful! I'll try to sell it and transfer to a new person. Its in Block B, Row D (Harvey's Lounge) - if anyone knows of someone who wants a 1901 ticket please DM me.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I see. Probably the easiest way would be for the current member to transfer the seat to the family member now, while they are still alive, but continue to use the seat until they are no longer able to do so. Is this do-able in your situation?

It’s one of those isn’t it , don’t really want to approach it and come across all Vulturey, but at the same time if the club take the ticket back im left with a seat on my own.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s one of those isn’t it , don’t really want to approach it and come across all Vulturey, but at the same time if the club take the ticket back im left with a seat on my own.

Right. Tricky; I'm sorry. Perhaps the best first step is to call the 1901 folk at the club on 01273 878278 and pose the "what if...?" question? That way, you'd have a definitive answer rather than the opinion of some stranger off t'interweb. If they say, yeah it'd be down to you, then you need not do anything now. If they say it'd revert to the club in the event that the current member dies without first having transferred it - well, then you've got a decision to make.

Good luck...

EDIT: It won't help you, but I got my elderly mum a seat next to me in 1901 for this season. For precisely the reason you have posited I put the ticket in my name. So I have Goldstone 1, and Goldstone 2 fan numbers. I say it won't help you, but maybe it would? Would it be easier to have the conversation if you say that the current member could transfer the seat into your name, rather than into the family member's? If so - that's another option for you.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Right. Tricky; I'm sorry. Perhaps the best first step is to call the 1901 folk at the club on 01273 878278 and pose the "what if...?" question? That way, you'd have a definitive answer rather than the opinion of some stranger off t'interweb. If they say, yeah it'd be down to you, then you need not do anything now. If they say it'd revert to the club in the event that the current member dies without first having transferred it - well, then you've got a decision to make.

Good luck...

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here