Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone linked to Barcelona

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
While watching the Cup replay the other night on German TV, I heard the commentator say that Barcelona tried to sign our Florin last month as they are short of forwards. Brighton apparently refused so Kevin Prince Boateng was bought instead.

Is this common knowledge? Apologies if it's fixtures. Guess it shows how highly rated Andone is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If true he’d be fuming. No wonder he’s running round smashing people in the head.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bit early for April fools? though Barcelona have signed Boateng, which is bizarre.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
While watching the Cup replay the other night on German TV, I heard the commentator say that Barcelona tried to sign our Florin last month as they are short of forwards. Brighton apparently refused so Kevin Prince Boateng was bought instead.

Is this common knowledge? Apologies if it's fixtures. Guess it shows how highly rated Andone is.
I think they got that story from the kid that made it on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think they got that story from the kid that made it on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The Palace kid still smarting about Andone's goal against them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Barcelona wanted Andone Barcelona would have signed him. What a silly rumour, nowhere near good enough for them.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Fake news probably, but something tells me he won't be with us for years unfortunately.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Andone would be an ideal third/fourth choice striker for a team like that. Suits their playing style, had experience of the league etc. Remember his stats from La Liga are very favourable compared to other strikers. Nobody is saying they'd sign him to replace Messi, obviously, but as a benchwarmer who could occasionally contribute, of course he offers something!

His 0.49 Expected Goals per 90 minutes puts him 5th in La Liga for 2017/18 and his 0.45xG90 for 2016/17 had him 8th. Seeing this Deportivo de La Coruña player in amongst players from Real Madrid and Barcelona, it’s a wonder it’s Brighton who’s signed him.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Imagine the day when Brighton sells a player on to Barcelona! Doubt it’ll be any time in the foreseeable future, but stranger things have happened...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not THAT silly I suppose. Let's say someone like Josh King scored 11-12 goals this season, impressed with his hard work and pace and then got a move elsewhere.

I'm Man City etc were struggling massively with FFP and needed SOMEONE to be a 5th/6th choice forward then I would be surprised but not STAGGERED if King came back to fill that void.

Player gets wage increase.
Club get player who offers something off the bench and will accept not being first choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Andone would be an ideal third/fourth choice striker for a team like that. Suits their playing style, had experience of the league etc. Remember his stats from La Liga are very favourable compared to other strikers. Nobody is saying they'd sign him to replace Messi, obviously, but as a benchwarmer who could occasionally contribute, of course he offers something!

Never say never but I won’t be losing any sleep over this rumour. I felt the same when I first saw the Virgo to Celtic rumours. Oh how I laughed.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I don't think it's as ludicrous as some people are making out. As a stopgap why not?

Is it any more unlikely than Boateng or Choupo Mateng to PSG?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Robinson to Liverpool all those years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here