Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Another Parking fine query

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Hi Chaps, sorry if it's yet another parking ticket thread but my son has been given a parking fine as he parked outside Laura Ashley (previously Iceland) in Lewes near Waitrose. He parked there, ran in to post office for 5 minutes and fine has come in post. Question is, does he have to pay it, Mrs Shingle thinks he has to pay but just wanted to check with [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tdeneseagull and others. Thanks in advance all

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hi Chaps, sorry if it's yet another parking ticket thread but my son has been given a parking fine as he parked outside Laura Ashley (previously Iceland) in Lewes near Waitrose. He parked there, ran in to post office for 5 minutes and fine has come in post. Question is, does he have to pay it, Mrs Shingle thinks he has to pay but just wanted to check with [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tdeneseagull and others. Thanks in advance all

What are the parking restrictions there?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
That is where I got a ticket and lady seagull helped me, they have CCTV on the cars, if it appears you do not buy a ticket they send you a fine. I actually did buy a ticket but they removed this from CCTV. I probably have the appeal letter somewhere if lady seagull can.t help.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
OT a little, did anyone see that piece about Crowborough train station. The exit camera fails to pick up the car reg and fines lots of cars daily, including taxis.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
You never have to pay a private scam PCN (and they are all a scam) unless a Judge tells you to. Only a complete idiot or wuss would pay these, given the information already on this forum.

Having said that, some are more 'squeaky bum time' than others and people do get intimidated unnecessarily, wrongly thinking they will pay a fortune if they lose. Not true, not even in court (you save money by defending at that stage).

Send me a pm with a link to a picture of the PCN, [MENTION=1694]shingle[/MENTION]. CWWW I had forgotten that was the same place as yours - remind me, which scumbag parking firm is it there?

And - these are NOT fines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here