Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones v Luton Scum

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
"I was at a great club and it was the hardest decision of my life to leave, but when I met the board [at Stoke], there are so many similarities with Luton and Brighton."

That's quite possibly the most offensive thing I've ever seen written about us.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Completely wrong and way over the line. However many Luton fans feel betrayed as Jones did the equivalent of the 'kiss the badge' during the transfer window to convince his better players to stay, and then he went.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He's left them in the best position they have been in decades, with a squad of winners, who have won every game since he left and have climbed to the top of the table. They should only be thanking Jones.

I wonder how many players he will try to pinch :lolol:

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He's left them in the best position they have been in decades, with a squad of winners, who have won every game since he left and have climbed to the top of the table. They should only be thanking Jones.

Kazenga ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Completely wrong and way over the line. However many Luton fans feel betrayed as Jones did the equivalent of the 'kiss the badge' during the transfer window to convince his better players to stay, and then he went.

So what would the fans have preferred - that he persuaded their best players to leave? :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
According to some of Luton's back to front fans, Nathan Jones has been gone too long!
He is a cultured fella, whereas what has already been said, Luton is a dreadful place.
Bury Park is one such area, which has all the panache as a kick in the balls.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"I was at a great club and it was the hardest decision of my life to leave, but when I met the board [at Stoke], there are so many similarities with Luton and Brighton."

That's quite possibly the most offensive thing I've ever seen written about us.
Wise words. The managerial merry go round equivalent of kissing the badge of every club he's ever been affiliated with.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Would be surprised if Glen Rea doesn’t follow NJ there in the summer.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Luton's forum seems to attract some of the nastiest, unpleasant people that 'support' their club when I've taken a peak at it.

It says something that I wanted the Pompey #twats to finish above them and deny them automatic promotion. :lol: Hopefully they still can. But I'd rather it was Sunderland and Charlton as the top two.

He won't be living in Stoke that's for sure! A nice little pad across the border in Cheshire probably where many professional footballers, managers etc. reside.
Holmes Chapel is quite nice, also has lots of big detached houses along the 2-mile road to the M6 junction (I only know this because I walked it coming back from the friendly at Newcastle Town)!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
7 appearances this season. I doubt it..

I have a friend who’s a Luton season ticket holder. They are raving about him and has been a regular since getting into the team.

They play him as an out and out striker too. Definitely played more than 7 games!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Supporters should remember that it is part of a career, not a life long commitment.
Obviously he is ambitious and would like to manage at the highest level if possible.
As far as kissing the badge is concerned, it just shows full commitment to the job in hand at the time in question, just a gesture now, as has been demonstrated many times.
He left them in the best position ever, so credit where it is due, he didn’t leave a sinking ship.
He can be a bit of an acquired taste, but I wish him well.
I believe after settling in he will make a difference at Stoke.
As far as KLL is concerened, maybe he is now playing at the right level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here