Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weren't we losing £10m per year in the Championship?
    We're losing money so we're going to increase prices by 5%. Sounds like a great business model. I can't see any downsides to that.
    Barndoor Gatting, Barndoor Davies, Barndoor Holroyd, Barndoor Paynter. Who is next for this coveted title? Barnes is currently favourite to take the crown from Billy Paynter.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Djmiles View Post
      We're losing money so we're going to increase prices by 5%. Sounds like a great business model. I can't see any downsides to that.
      We were losing money in the.Championship. We made a profit in the PL.

When demand exceeds supply prices tend to rise.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
      Mustard sachets
      But, crucially, not mustard sweaters.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Djmiles View Post
      You're argument isn't really against the club, its against football. The club are simply operating within a marketplace for players, and as such have a wage ceiling and structure that already puts them at a disadvantage in the transfer market. They have an ST waiting list into the thousands, and have sold out pretty much every PL game. Their rise is no different to rail prices or other real life increase.

But, I agree with you, football costs are obscene, ticket prices are expensive, and it is increasingly pricing a demographic of people that were the reason football even exists as a professional sport. No club can make a lone stance though.

What I would say, and it is always forgotten, my £570 season ticket saves me £100 in travel, so £470 / 19 = £24.70 per game. About the same price as a small gig, theatre production, decent meal etc.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      You're argument isn't really against the club, its against football. The club are simply operating within a marketplace for players, and as such have a wage ceiling and structure that already puts them at a disadvantage in the transfer market. They have an ST waiting list into the thousands, and have sold out pretty much every PL game. Their rise is no different to rail prices or other real life increase.

But, I agree with you, football costs are obscene, ticket prices are expensive, and it is increasingly pricing a demographic of people that were the reason football even exists as a professional sport. No club can make a lone stance though.

What I would say, and it is always forgotten, my £570 season ticket saves me £100 in travel, so £470 / 19 = £24.70 per game. About the same price as a small gig, theatre production, decent meal etc.
      Those small gigs, theatre productions and restaurants are not making over £100m from tv money though. They NEED the ticket revenue. Premier league cubs do not. The extra revenue the club gets from this increase is paying for what exactly? If they can answer that it would be more palatable. Like they are raising the wages of the lowest paid staff by X, or is it to make a few millionaire players a fraction more rich?

2 Not allowed!
      I think the only place it is forgotten is those annual football price surveys, where the Albion's gross season ticket price is compared with other clubs. It's not like-for-like due to the included travel.

Amongst Albion fans or at least most of those on here, it it often acknowledged. The inclusive travel, saving those of us in Worthing in excess of £125 per season, and the interest-free direct debit payment plan makes a season ticket affordable to many who would otherwise be unable or unwilling to buy one.

0 Not allowed!

Call me cynical but I don't think they could get away with putting the ground in the middle of nowhere if it wasn't for the travel voucher included...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
      Funny how the club can contribute 250k to Scudamores golden handshake

250k divided by 30.000 fans = 8.33 per fan

Discuss !
      I want my £8.333 back. You've already ripped off millions Scroogeamore.

0 Not allowed!

A gig or a night at the theatre are special occasions, that rarely disappoint. Brighton’s PL matches are very often staid affairs, not living up to the buzz you get in the long build up to KO.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstoneseagull View Post
      Call me cynical but I don't think they could get away with putting the ground in the middle of nowhere if it wasn't for the travel voucher included...
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was a local authority planning condition specific to what Brighton & Hove wanted to add to the application? I don't think it was any form of national policy or typical condition. Most new stadiums in the middle of nowhere haven't had to do it to my knowledge, although some operate bus shuttle services and things like that, not wholesale blanket travel coverage.