Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal prices...?

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
You're argument isn't really against the club, its against football. The club are simply operating within a marketplace for players, and as such have a wage ceiling and structure that already puts them at a disadvantage in the transfer market. They have an ST waiting list into the thousands, and have sold out pretty much every PL game. Their rise is no different to rail prices or other real life increase.

But, I agree with you, football costs are obscene, ticket prices are expensive, and it is increasingly pricing a demographic of people that were the reason football even exists as a professional sport. No club can make a lone stance though.

What I would say, and it is always forgotten, my £570 season ticket saves me £100 in travel, so £470 / 19 = £24.70 per game. About the same price as a small gig, theatre production, decent meal etc.

Call me cynical but I don't think they could get away with putting the ground in the middle of nowhere if it wasn't for the travel voucher included...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Funny how the club can contribute 250k to Scudamores golden handshake

250k divided by 30.000 fans = 8.33 per fan

Discuss !

I want my £8.333 back. You've already ripped off millions Scroogeamore.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're argument isn't really against the club, its against football. The club are simply operating within a marketplace for players, and as such have a wage ceiling and structure that already puts them at a disadvantage in the transfer market. They have an ST waiting list into the thousands, and have sold out pretty much every PL game. Their rise is no different to rail prices or other real life increase.

But, I agree with you, football costs are obscene, ticket prices are expensive, and it is increasingly pricing a demographic of people that were the reason football even exists as a professional sport. No club can make a lone stance though.

What I would say, and it is always forgotten, my £570 season ticket saves me £100 in travel, so £470 / 19 = £24.70 per game. About the same price as a small gig, theatre production, decent meal etc.

A gig or a night at the theatre are special occasions, that rarely disappoint. Brighton’s PL matches are very often staid affairs, not living up to the buzz you get in the long build up to KO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Call me cynical but I don't think they could get away with putting the ground in the middle of nowhere if it wasn't for the travel voucher included...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was a local authority planning condition specific to what Brighton & Hove wanted to add to the application? I don't think it was any form of national policy or typical condition. Most new stadiums in the middle of nowhere haven't had to do it to my knowledge, although some operate bus shuttle services and things like that, not wholesale blanket travel coverage.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A gig or a night at the theatre are special occasions, that rarely disappoint. Brighton’s PL matches are very often staid affairs, not living up to the buzz you get in the long build up to KO.

Agreed but when you do get that buzz it lasts for days (unfortunately the lows do as well)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here