Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal prices...?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Those in platinum+ are paying North of £2k...

True. I just checked the gold prices and they’re 1252.80 a season, so all 1901 are over a grand.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Captive market. Its one of the last things I would want to scrimp on, I just love going to the AMEX on a match day and hate it if I have to miss a game. But always a Q of people happy to use my ST, still nearly eight years in.

As others have said with a waiting list the club holds all the strings. However, their never seems to be a flood of people not renewing. I imagine most having to give up ST are for reasons not linked to the price.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Inflation is at about 2.5%, so I can’t get too excited if the increase is in that region. Most people got pay rises since last year, didn’t they?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On the subject of season tickets does anyone know the renewal date? my daughter turns 21 in march, is the age band set at date of renewal? or am i going to get shafted for an adult for next season? cheers

It's age at the first game of the season that defines the age group if I remember rightly

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Albion £730 East Stand Upper
Worthing FC £180
Crawley Town FC £400 West Stand
Portsmouth FC £419

You pay your money you take your choice, personally I'd rather pay the £730 and see Premier League football

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Forgive my ignorance here - I don’t do coach travel - but don’t the club use outside coach companies to facilitate this and therefore it’s up to those firms to come up with the prices and not the club?

The club helped to subsidise this since the opening of the AMEX.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Most people got pay rises since last year, didn’t they?

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

This is what is annoying. How many people got inflation-matching payrises? I certainly didn't, and haven't for years.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Mine is going to be a significantly larger rise this year as "little" one is now 10, so will now be in the under 18/21(?) bracket.

Can anyone tell me how much of a rise this is likely to be? I currently pay £54ish for the two of us a month.

It's already gone up enough from the £38 it used to cost me!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
20% more games for your money, and almost certainly more Albion goals per game!

Did you follow the club during the Hyppia days?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the increase will be between 4 and 5% irrespective of division, not that I think that w will get relegated, because there are more games in the Championship plus they can always add 1 FA Cup game if drawn at home.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did you follow the club during the Hyppia days?

Yes, and I think you know that. However, I think it’s safe to say that that was a lesson learned. The number of games we won at home by 3, 4 and even 5 goals in Hughton’s 2 Championship seasons was incredible.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course ticket prices will go up. They didn't need to go up when we got promoted and they didn't need to go up last year but they did on both occasions. Gate revenue is irrelevant when compared to TV money but prices still go up.

The introduction of the annual direct debit will be interesting as if it offers a discount on the cost then that is effectively removing the interest free 12 months option which I'm sure any 'businessman' in the club hierarchy doesn't like.

As for membership, I understood that ST renewals will include the cost of this but that you can opt out. Another strange approach by the club but clearly designed to hope that a lot of people forget to opt out. I think they originally stated that only 30% of STHs made use of this facility so they thought they would try and get the other 70% to join in. If we had wanted it then of course we would have taken out that membership. It seems as intelligent as the chelsea ticket fiasco!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nah, 3% in 3 annual instalments results in 9.27% as the equivalent single hit at the end of three years. That’d still result in more anger though...

I can verify your calculation, and conclusion :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Of course ticket prices will go up. They didn't need to go up when we got promoted and they didn't need to go up last year but they did on both occasions. Gate revenue is irrelevant when compared to TV money but prices still go up.

The introduction of the annual direct debit will be interesting as if it offers a discount on the cost then that is effectively removing the interest free 12 months option which I'm sure any 'businessman' in the club hierarchy doesn't like.

As for membership, I understood that ST renewals will include the cost of this but that you can opt out. Another strange approach by the club but clearly designed to hope that a lot of people forget to opt out. I think they originally stated that only 30% of STHs made use of this facility so they thought they would try and get the other 70% to join in. If we had wanted it then of course we would have taken out that membership. It seems as intelligent as the chelsea ticket fiasco!

Every season you whinge and whinge about the hikes and yet renew. What does that say ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here