Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal prices...?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
They would need a really good reason to raise them.

Whilst I completely agree, I suspect that your (our!) concept of what constitutes a "good reason" will be considerably different to Paul Barber's :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No you are confusing STs with the Directors Box. Just look up there at half time and see how many blankets there are strewn around. Those poor soles would never survive a concourse queue for a bovril.

We did the brilliant stadium tour 2 weeks ago and saw all their creature comforts. They also give posh goody bags full of upmarket products to visiting directors and their kids each match.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate they will be in championship but Huddersfield whose STs are about £250 are not increasing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Well I think that's reasonable. I think it's a bit much to expect them to lay on coaches from Great Yarmouth and Abergavenny, say. We're not Man United.

I hate to say it, but that £50 levied on top of our STs for those of us who live outside of this area could be the difference between it being affordable or not. So I don't particularly agree. Albeit I had no issue until they cut the coach subsidy this year - unfortunately that's left a bad taste in the mouth. But for me, I'm right on the edge of being able to afford it, so every time they add extra costs it becomes more of a problem for me, particularly when I know I'm paying for other people to travel to the game.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'd hope they're no more than £10-£20 per season ticket, but I suspect they're going to hike them up quite drastically. For me personally, there's going to come a tipping point whereby it becomes too expensive for me, particularly as getting to the ground has already become more expensive for me next season due to the club's decisions re coach travel - hopefully that tipping point won't be reached this week though.

Got to agree...Although thought I`d pull out last year !! So will prob pay up!!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With TV money making gate money igsignificant no increase can be justified

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With TV money making gate money igsignificant no increase can be justified

Have to agree. A 3% rise is pointless and has no effect on our income. But Barber likes to do small increases so it goes virtually unchallenged or whinged about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Modest, inflation-linked increase that doesn't have any material impact on club finances
2,000 word diatribe from PB explaining what good value it is
400 pages on NSC moaning about it
PPF back post-ban 'laughing at all the Toby's wot have been mugged off'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't see why they would go up if wet stay I the premier league. They contribute so little income compared with tv money that it would be pointless. They would need a really good reason to raise them.

You're going to be sorely disappointed then, for two reasons :

1. Having a very large waiting list for STs means the club can afford to put up prices because they know the few people they will loose are easily replaced. Basic supply and demand economics.

2. The plan is and always has been to make the club as self sustainable as possible regardless of which division we're in. And it seems reasonable for Tony not to have to keep dipping into his own pocket. So the prices will always go up by at least the rate of inflation to ensure income stays the same or increases. If they freeze prices and we go down - this season, or next, or anytime - if they haven't constantly put up the prices then there is much less chance of being self sustainable.

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
On the subject of season tickets does anyone know the renewal date? my daughter turns 21 in march, is the age band set at date of renewal? or am i going to get shafted for an adult for next season? cheers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On the subject of season tickets does anyone know the renewal date? my daughter turns 21 in march, is the age band set at date of renewal? or am i going to get shafted for an adult for next season? cheers

Pretty certain in educational year so she will be an adult next season has she had 3 x U21 season tickets ?

Glad mine becomes an adult given was refused upgrading this season to an adult but could the two previous years, he finishes in May at Lincoln Uni so he might actually get to see more home games than away ones next season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh I can see them rising if we go down, absolutely. But if we stay up, the fractions of percent the total income would be by upping them would be pointless apart from pissing people off. The club should be able to be sustainable from the tv money etc.

But if we go down the last thing they will want to do is put up prices so surely the plan should be to get them as high as possible while we're in the PL so that if/when we do go down they can freeze them ( as compensation for going down ) ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reminder of last year:

Zone A: £495 to £515 (4%)
Zone B/C: £590 to £615 (4.2%)
Zone D: £700 to £730 (4.3%)
Zone E: £775 to £810 (4.5%)
Zone F: £530 from £550 (3.8%)

If we see the same rates of increase, we'll have the first £1000+ Amex season ticket for the 2023/24 season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Have to agree. A 3% rise is pointless and has no effect on our income. But Barber likes to do small increases so it goes virtually unchallenged or whinged about.

This is it. A 3% rise annually for 3 years is in effect more than 10% one off at the end of the 3 years and we all know which would generate more anger amongst the support.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here