Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baloguns Switch off

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Burn for me is looking 3rd choice back up now. At the beginning of the season Balogun was immense and looked a steal on a free transfer. Maybe it's a lack of game time ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It looked like he thought the ball had gone out.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I still think Balogun over Burn at the moment. He's quicker and very comfortable on the ball. If he can just eradicate the switch offs. He had a nibble that nearly cost us a pen (a more experienced striker would've gone down).

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
I think balogun is a really poor player, every game he seems to make a bad mistake that should lead to a goal or makes a reckless challenge. Think it says a lot about him that he couldn’t get into a poor Mainz side that leaked goals for fun

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

Bong, Knockaert and Groß please meet new member Balogun.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Up there with the weirdest goals we have ever conceded. Absolutely unfathomable.

File it with Hinshelwood's 45 yard OG at Withdean, and the one at Peterborough, when Digweed got lobbed by the frozen divot he'd dug out on his 6 yard line.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I still think Balogun over Burn at the moment. He's quicker and very comfortable on the ball. If he can just eradicate the switch offs. He had a nibble that nearly cost us a pen (a more experienced striker would've gone down).

Thought Burn looked very comfortable on the Ball and that tackle he did in 6 yard box was brilliant.

Regards the mistake I think we have seen a similar switch off where ball did not go out and it was cut back.... Man City away last year?

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
I like Balogun. Perhaps he thought one of the officials must spot the blatant shirt pull, but in any case, as we all learnt as kids, he should play to the whistle.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I haven't seen the replays since, but could Button not have got across to claim it or at least push it over? Looks like they all thought it was going out!

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I think balogun is a really poor player, every game he seems to make a bad mistake that should lead to a goal or makes a reckless challenge. Think it says a lot about him that he couldn’t get into a poor Mainz side that leaked goals for fun

Of course he couldn't. He was injured! Otherwise he was a mainstay.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Up there with the weirdest goals we have ever conceded. Absolutely unfathomable.

File it with Hinshelwood's 45 yard OG at Withdean, and the one at Peterborough, when Digweed got lobbed by the frozen divot he'd dug out on his 6 yard line.

That's the 2nd weird goal we've conceded recently - after Bruno's howler at Huddersfield.

If you watch the replay, nobody seemed to either know where the ball was OR seemed to care. The ball actually just glances the crossbar on the way down as well.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So weird would love to hear his explanation.

" The Gaffer said to me , we need something special NOW ! to get us going Leon , i said don't worry gaffer i'm a enigma and will provide this special you desire .

Now looking at it in footballing terms it's one of the craziest things iv'e ever seen on a football pitch , not just what he did but his reaction afterwards which was to look up at the sky , down to the pitch , check his boots , then point at Bruno in a it's your fault kinda way , shrug his shoulders then casually unblock his nose without the use of a finger , (there's no limit to his talent ) , i can't do that without splattering my own chest , can you? , anyway so he could say in his defense that this moment did indeed change the course of the game in our favor , whatever the reasoning behind it the more i think about it the more it makes me grin , let's not slaughter the bloke too much , after all the special moment he provided v Palace a few short weeks ago should not be easily forgotten , but i reckon he will be more remembered for this .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think it says a lot about him that he couldn’t get into a poor Mainz side that leaked goals for fun

This is not the case though. He was injured.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He played 51 games over 3 seasons, he must have been injured a lot in that case

According to your figures he played around half their games then (only 18 teams in Bundesliga) . I know he was out injured for at least 6 months at some point. And I’m pretty certain when we signed him he was a regular first choice. I can’t be arsed to see why he missed other games. Maybe he didn’t play in their first team straight away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here