Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ali J

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Very impressed with him tonight playing up front just behind behind Andone. Given Burnley will be defensive on Saturday should we start him instead of Pascal in that forward role?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very impressed with him tonight playing up front just behind behind Andone. Given Burnley will be defensive on Saturday should we start him instead of Pascal in that forward role?

No, Pascal will be more fresh. Certainly food for thought for the future though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pascal reads the game better and has the eye for goal, would prefer Ali on the wing if he starts

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
No, Pascal will be more fresh. Certainly food for thought for the future though.

But Pascal has not been up to last season’s form and looks slow. Ali J looked fit, quick and keen to cause defenders trouble!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But Pascal has not been up to last season’s form and looks slow. Ali J looked fit, quick and keen to cause defenders trouble!

He has always looked slow. Nobody can cross the ball like him.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Good point but Pascal hasn’t been playing that forward role like last season - he’s been sitting in midfield and I think we need to really get at Burnley on Saturday.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Thought he was ok, nothing more than that for me.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ali Js first touch is something else. The way he kept a ball in play late on almost defied physics. My only criticism was him, knockeart, Andone & Bissouma were constantly moaning at each other. Not the together were used to.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Ali Js first touch is something else. The way he kept a ball in play late on almost defied physics. My only criticism was him, knockeart, Andone & Bissouma were constantly moaning at each other. Not the together were used to.

Knocky would moan at his own dying mother for not dying fast enough. The guy is the most consistently frustrated-appearing and unsatisfied football player I've ever seen. Someone give the man a lollipop or something.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not even Gross gets to play that role anymore. We did look rather fluid and exciting in a 4-4-1-1

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Certainly gives CH options now knowing he has a back up no.10 if he decides to go back to 4-4-1-1

The only problem is I dont see Locadia as an out and out winger so he does not really fit the 4-4-1-1 system and he has been playing well in recent games as a wide attacker.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
NSC amuses me at times. This morning there appear to be several threads about players who looked class last night. Yet on the match thread yesterday there was an awful lot of grumbling about our team making hard work of a team championship reserves and kids!

Yes they're not the same people but it is funny. As for Ali J, he looked excellent at times yesterday, but then so did Knockaert.

The fact remains that none of our attacking players were clinical enough until Murray came on. Ali J was skillful, Andone put himself about as did Locadia, and Bissouma looked different gravy until he needed to make an attacking decision. All in all, we didn't learn anything we don't know already about any of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here