Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ali J

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I’ll be honest he actually gets a ton of negativity from some of our fans but I think most of it lately is just because of a more general underlying disappointment in our Asian Cup exit. It’s really a mixed bag over there, some more knee jerk and some more level- analogous to NSC as you’d expect.

With regards to Alireza I think it’s really too soon to say how he’ll fare in PL. promising night against WBA makes me more optimistic. He still seems a bit tense/scared when I watch him and his chemistry with the other forwards a tad off. When you watched him in Holland he looked very confident and his body language was totally different; he would be a lot more outspoken on the field as well and had excellent chemistry with Werghorst who wasn’t even half as clinical as someone like Andone or Murray.

Hughton said next season is when we might see his full potential and I believe it; half the season was laden with setbacks and this other half is showing signs of gradual acclamation. For us as Iranian fans he’s one of the most exciting prospects we’ve had since our previous golden generation that featured lots of Bundesliga players (Mahdavikia, Karimi, Hashemian). Between him, Azmoun (who signed for Zenit) and Ghoddos (Amiens SC) there’s a mountain of expectations and eyes back home. It’s really different from what other BHA players might be experiencing; add that with his price tag which he himself is fully aware of and you get a situation where a player could easily crumble under pressure and lack of confidence. I think once he gets comfortable with the team and gains his confidence of old, we’ll all be in for a treat.

Is the correct answer. However he doesn't lack confidence and won't crumble like you potentially suggest he might

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Had been disappointing for me so far , hadn't seen anything but on Tuesday looked to have a bit about him.

Hoping can push on. We will need him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here