Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ahh fair enough. Sure they said differently on the wireless.

Wish i was wrong. I fear this will be looked into and we all know what happens after that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murray at double as Andone elbow goes unpunished
Daily Mail7 Feb 2019
REUTERS

GLENN MURRAY came off the bench in extra time to poach a brace and nudge Brighton into round five of the FA Cup. Murray’s first goal went in via his groin, the Brighton striker showing once again that knack for being in the right place as Jurgen Locadia’s cross bounced to him off Ahmed Hegazi. He had been on the pitch just two minutes, prodding home with his first touch. Murray added his second four minutes from time after being found by Davy Propper. ‘It’s nice to put the tie to bed. Both sides could have done without extra time,’ said Murray, whose side face Derby in the next round. ‘You look at the draw and there’s a lot of big teams out of it, so it’s a good year to be in.’ By the time Murray struck, West Brom were down to 10 men. Hal Robson-Kanu had gone off injured and manager Darren Moore had used all four substitutions. It should have been Brighton playing a man down but Florin Andone got a lucky reprieve for a first-half elbow, then landed a fairer blow to equalise with eight minutes of normal time left. Andone can expect a retrospective ban after driving his elbow into Sam Field’s face, drawing blood. Referee Paul Tierney cannot have seen it because he took no action. It was hard on West Brom, who took the lead in the 78th minute with a bizarre goal. The ball looped up following a free-kick and Brighton’s Leon Balogun inexplicably stepped away from Kyle Bartley, freeing the West Brom defender to hook a volley over the line at the back post. Even before Andone’s elbow, this match had crackled with animosity. Jay Rodriguez was facing the Seagulls for the first time since he was accused of racism by Brighton defender Gaetan Bong. The FA found the charge unproven but Brighton fans booed the West Brom striker’s every touch. Bong came off the bench in the 105th minute, by which time Rodriguez had been taken off

DH12

Jan 7, 2016
Southsea
Nor will failing to look remotely like scoring against a championship fringe side *and* behaving like a prick.

But he did score...behaving like a prick is necessary at times, he's 5'11 and not exactly a unit. Would you prefer him to get bullied? It's part of football pal

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Murray at double as Andone elbow goes unpunished
Daily Mail7 Feb 2019
REUTERS

GLENN MURRAY came off the bench in extra time to poach a brace and nudge Brighton into round five of the FA Cup. Murray’s first goal went in via his groin, the Brighton striker showing once again that knack for being in the right place as Jurgen Locadia’s cross bounced to him off Ahmed Hegazi. He had been on the pitch just two minutes, prodding home with his first touch. Murray added his second four minutes from time after being found by Davy Propper. ‘It’s nice to put the tie to bed. Both sides could have done without extra time,’ said Murray, whose side face Derby in the next round. ‘You look at the draw and there’s a lot of big teams out of it, so it’s a good year to be in.’ By the time Murray struck, West Brom were down to 10 men. Hal Robson-Kanu had gone off injured and manager Darren Moore had used all four substitutions. It should have been Brighton playing a man down but Florin Andone got a lucky reprieve for a first-half elbow, then landed a fairer blow to equalise with eight minutes of normal time left. Andone can expect a retrospective ban after driving his elbow into Sam Field’s face, drawing blood. Referee Paul Tierney cannot have seen it because he took no action. It was hard on West Brom, who took the lead in the 78th minute with a bizarre goal. The ball looped up following a free-kick and Brighton’s Leon Balogun inexplicably stepped away from Kyle Bartley, freeing the West Brom defender to hook a volley over the line at the back post. Even before Andone’s elbow, this match had crackled with animosity. Jay Rodriguez was facing the Seagulls for the first time since he was accused of racism by Brighton defender Gaetan Bong. The FA found the charge unproven but Brighton fans booed the West Brom striker’s every touch. Bong came off the bench in the 105th minute, by which time Rodriguez had been taken off

Talking of drawing blood, Button's face was bleeding early on in the match, so who clobbered him?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But he did score...behaving like a prick is necessary at times, he's 5'11 and not exactly a unit. Would you prefer him to get bullied? It's part of football pal

I'd stand well back if I were you...

*takes cover*

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does seem that way, yes. ???
FWIW (absolutely nothing.. ...say it again)

I think I look upon Bissouma in a similar way to you viewing for Andone.

All I'm seeing is rash challenges on the edge of our box.
Cross field kick to nobody, straight out of play.
As well as a horrible sense on entitlement when 35 yards from goal.

I know there's a good player in there and have said I think hes crying out to be Hughtonised.
But the talk of him replacing Groß, and up until a few weeks ago, Propper to me have been nothing short of laughable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
FWIW (absolutely nothing.. ...say it again)

I think I look upon Bissouma in a similar way to you viewing for Andone.

All I'm seeing is rash challenges on the edge of our box.
Cross field kick to nobody, straight out of play.
As well as a horrible sense on entitlement when 35 yards from goal.

I know there's a good player in there and have said I think hes crying out to be Hughtonised.
But the talk of him replacing Groß, and up until a few weeks ago, Propper to me have been nothing short of laughable.

Yep, Bissouma is an uncut diamond. IMO, he has the potential to be one of the best midfielders we've ever seen at the club, but then after Ipswich you could have said the same thing about Abdul Razak. I think with time on his side, if he can improve his decision-making and shooting, he could be outstanding, but for now he's well behind Propper and Groß, both of whom do the uncomplicated basics exceptionally well. Groß has by far the best delivery at the club and we all saw exactly what Propper offers when he came on yesterday - he just effortlessly ran the game (admittedly against tiring lower standard opponents).

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Personally I'd sack him. Not so much for the elbow; more for shooting straight at the GK when well placed and scoring - unforgivable. As [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] quite rightly and rather astutely observed, on another day that chance might have sailed wide or even been saved! Goodbye FA cup glory - one might quip: 'A bad job well andone.' I'm all for judging players on what might have transpired rather than for what actually did. Obviously I think big Leon had a great game, as on another day he'd have cleared his lines with aplomb. Right now I'm wondering whether we actually won last night? or as would seem increasingly likely, we were rightly knocked out with ten men flailing against a pesky kids WBA reserve lineup...

Oh well; on another day we would have won I'm sure.

On a more serious note; I think Andone is good value for £5 million, Jurgen I'm less sure about, especially for the money... oh well - It's only a game.

Bring on Derby.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Deserves a ban , don't want to see that shit from one of our players , hopefully a 3-4 match ban will give him time to think how much he has let himself and the club down , scoring a goal shortly afterwards doesn't make up for it ,i love the blokes passion and desire to always win the ball and hope he continues to do so within the laws of the game , but there's a limit , and he was way over it .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Deserves a ban , don't want to see that shit from one of our players , hopefully a 3-4 match ban will give him time to think how much he has let himself and the club down , scoring a goal shortly afterwards doesn't make up for it ,i love the blokes passion and desire to always win the ball and hope he continues to do so within the laws of the game , but there's a limit , and he was way over it .

Nothing like a massive overreaction. :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

and yet I only want to see that shit from out players.

I want to see the opposition second guessing themselves.
I want to see tackles being pulled out of.
I want to see the opposition being hurt
I want to see the Albion are no pushovers.

If all of that means a nasty elbow once in a while then that's fine by me because the flip-side, an opposition pausing for thought is a win

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Looked more like he was trying to push the player away from him and was a natural movement. If someone is all over you what other body movement can you do to get them off? If he looked around and aimed his elbow at him then it could be argued as deliberate.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We no, I'm not a clown. You on the other hand seem to be struggling with the basics.

For Murray's goal, the ball went over the line safely away from the keeper and he didn't know much about it anyway. For Andone, he had the whole goal to aim at, and he thumped it straight at the keeper. That is what concerns me. Another day, that goes out for a corner and we're out of the cup.

I am not saying he is shit, I am saying I remain unconvinced he is going to adequately replace Murray when his time is up. Please refrain from calling me a clown just because you can't comprehend basic English.

I have a very good grasp of the English language thank you and understand that a clown can be someone who is entertaining. Your comments regarding Andone not threatening or looking like scoring clearly fell into this category.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is he any worse than our ex player Ashley Barnes?

Chance to compare and contrast on saturday eh?

Bad fan, but have to admit to being greatly amused last season when Ashley's first action on coming on as Burnley sub was to shoulder barge Maty Ryan into the back of the net. Then went on to have a ding dong battle with Lewis Dunk, which they both seemed to thoroughly enjoy. Went off at full time all best of mates :lol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We need someone with fire in his belly upfront. Take that nastiness out of Andone's game and he won't be half the player. Rooney had similar traits which petrified the opposition's defence. Defenders knew they'd get a whack when competing with Rooney whether he had the ball or not. The way Andone plays we have to accept there will be the odd sending off and match suspensions, but when he's chasing a ball with the aggression levels he has, he won't give up on anything.
He's not scared of bigger players and is willing to hit them hard. This will put them off ease when in possession. Opposition defenders will always be looking over their shoulder. Who else is like that in our team who's not a defensive minded players? Andone brings something different to the team which gives us more edge. I wouldn't want him to soften up one bit. Look what happened to Rooney when he lost that fire. Not half the player he was.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We need someone with fire in his belly upfront. Take that nastiness out of Andone's game and he won't be half the player. Rooney had similar traits which petrified the opposition's defence. Defenders knew they'd get a whack when competing with Rooney whether he had the ball or not. The way Andone plays we have to accept there will be the odd sending off and match suspensions, but when he's chasing a ball with the aggression levels he has, he won't give up on anything.
He's not scared of bigger players and is willing to hit them hard. This will put them off ease when in possession. Opposition defenders will always be looking over their shoulder. Who else is like that in our team who's not a defensive minded players? Andone brings something different to the team which gives us more edge. I wouldn't want him to soften up one bit. Look what happened to Rooney when he lost that fire. Not half the player he was.

And that is why CH (in Wenger style) said that he did not see the incident.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here