Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Brighton forward Florin Andone has been charged with violent conduct after appearing to elbow West Brom's Sam Field in Wednesday's FA Cup fourth round replay.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Not sure why you should get penalised just because a match is on TV. How is that fair. It should be down to what the ref sees on the day and not all this retrospective rubbish. Maybe they should replay TV matches if it’s proved the ref missed a stonewall penaly or something similar.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure why you should get penalised just because a match is on TV. How is that fair. It should be down to what the ref sees on the day and not all this retrospective rubbish. Maybe they should replay TV matches if it’s proved the ref missed a stonewall penaly or something similar.

All our games are on TV at the moment

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suppose I should confess that our 7 year old can't hear Andone's name now without launching into our BHA version of 'Baby Shark', together with all the hand movements. I'm just getting the hang of it.

Andone ne ne ne ne ne ne

(etc etc):lolol:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Also what is the criteria for deciding if it should be subject to a ban as it seems to me it only becomes an issue if the Studio pundits decide to discuss it. Does there have to be a formal complaint or something?

Lineker gets first call, or the other bloke Chappers. If they busy then the Welsh girl off the one show decides. FA working at its finest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Odd that we gave him the no 9 shirt if he’s a winger. How much time has he had as a main striker with March/AK/Ali J as the wingers? I may be wrong but I was under the impression that he was bought as a striker rather than a winger. Thought he did quite well against Watford too.

This bit from the Argus backs up what you were saying
As with Jurgen (Locadia) he’s very much used to it,” Hughton said. “If I look at his success at AZ last season in particular, winning Dutch player of the year, they very much played a 4-3-3.

Jurgen is maybe a little bit different. Although we have played him left of the three, he is more of a number nine than Alireza.

“He (Jahanbakhsh) can and has played up top, but I still see Alireza as more of a naturally wide player than Jurgen. So I see him very much in a four in midfield or a 4-3-3.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone ever seen a referee's report. What is it - is it a blow-by-blow account of the 90 minutes as far as he can remember. Or just an account of bookings, sending-off's, goals, and so on. For instance, last night's incident, would he put something like 'coming together of a few players in front of me - didn't see anything wrong'? Surely not, because there will be a hundred incidents where he 'didn't see anything wrong'. If he wrote 'Andone, possible elbow - okay in my view', fair enough - but merely not mentioning something doesn't mean he didn't see it. I don't mention every car I pass on the way home - because it's normal. Are they lengthy? And so on. I'd be interested to know if anyone does know.

I've had a look online, but the only guidance I can find is 'misconduct reports', and obviously if the ref thinks there was no misconduct, he won't mention it. Which strikes me as a bit of a circular argument really - and the only way a ban could be avoided would be if the ref did see something and awarded a free kick or yellow card or something. But even if he awarded a free-kick, I doubt if he'd remember after the match all the reasons why.

It is all made up bollocks.

The people who write the rules can't even write in English. We have seen it. Ambiguity keeps loads of muppets in a job. It is the English Way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
assume tomorrow will see us / him accept the charge and get a three game ban to miss Burnley, Derby and Leicester

AJ and Jose back in the frame so up top between Locadia and Murray - Andone may find it hard to get back into squad let alone team - now that Murray seems to have hit a bit of form again

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Odd that we gave him the no 9 shirt if he’s a winger. How much time has he had as a main striker with March/AK/Ali J as the wingers? I may be wrong but I was under the impression that he was bought as a striker rather than a winger. Thought he did quite well against Watford too.

I didn’t say that he was a winger.

In my mind, there are 5 positions in Attack, Midfield and Defence but clearly a manager can only pick 10 of those positions from a possible 15.

This is how I view the attacking positions.

Winger - Forward - Striker - Forward - Winger

On this basis - AJ & Locadia were both mainly playing as ‘Forwards’ in Dutch 4-4-3s.

However I agree with CH that AJ is also a winger and that Locadia can play Striker or ‘number 9’.

We bought Locadia in as a number 9 when CH did not play a front three so you are right but he has looked so much better as a ‘forward’ (not a winger as he does not provide defensive cover like a March or Knocky).

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought the ref missed several naughty fouls including a penalty and I agree plead guilty hope to get of with a warning or not.
I do want see more of him as I think he could be a great player for us.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I didn’t say that he was a winger.

In my mind, there are 5 positions in Attack, Midfield and Defence but clearly a manager can only pick 10 of those positions from a possible 15.

This is how I view the attacking positions.

Winger - Forward - Striker - Forward - Winger

On this basis - AJ & Locadia were both mainly playing as ‘Forwards’ in Dutch 4-4-3s.

However I agree with CH that AJ is also a winger and that Locadia can play Striker or ‘number 9’.

We bought Locadia in as a number 9 when CH did not play a front three so you are right but he has looked so much better as a ‘forward’ (not a winger as he does not provide defensive cover like a March or Knocky).

This is how I see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here