Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This. Not keen on the cheating aspect to his game, and not sure he's up to it either. If he'd not scored that goal against Palace he'd have loads of fans on his back by now because for the large part he has been bang average.

My concern is that neither Locadia nor Andone are up to it.
Not keen about his cheating side of the game !! Wow you don't like Murray then either, who con's referees in every game and still has the highest foul rate in EPL

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WTF is wrong with this place?

We as fans have watched a succession of hoofers (probably a couple of should be roofers), donkeys, the disinterested, down right lazy, talentless powderpuff nimrods as strikers, not to mention all the loanees who make the aforementioned look like Messi, con a living from the Albion.

Now the moment someone arrives who scores goals, and joy of joys is a nasty piece of work to boot, he's deemed not up too it.

What's the point.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice for us all to have the luxury of critiquing the way our goals went in.............as opposed to pissing and moaning about another game where we didn't score. Excellent!
This is laughable. Maybe you should read the context? He's called me a clown and justified it because apparently me worrying about the fact Andone shot straight at the keeper with the goal to aim at means I'm being picky about Glenn Murray scoring off his bollocks.

Absolutely incredible that I'm not allowed to objectively look at the performance of our striker, conclude that I'm not 100% convinced, then explain why, without being accused of "pissing and moaning".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ha ! Literally a few minutes ago - you'd forgotten that he'd actually scored and was arguing in several posts the complete opposite. . Now you've admitted he looked like scoring (because he did !!) and its "incredibly fortunate". Have you actually seen it ? He really has to work hard to win it off the first defender, he nutmegs the 2nd defender skillfully and then places it through the goalkeepers legs.
In another universe NSC wouldn't have posters arguing on here at midnight etc , with no evidence whatsoever, that night is day. but hey ho.

Ah, the club's very own Pravda reporter is here to put his absurd spin on fact.

* "He really has to work hard to win it " - well yes, that's what is expected of every professional footballer, and that was clearly there to be won once Bartley made a mess of it.

* "he nutmegs the 2nd defender skillfully" - you are F***KING JOKING. He quite blatantly miscontrols it but gets the rub of the green. I'm not criticising him for that, but don't bullshit. It doesn't make your point any more valid.

* "and then places it through the goalkeepers legs." - again, I can't take you seriously. You have written this as if the right course of action was drill his shot AT the keeper when the WHOLE goal was there to aim at.

I am NOT saying Andone is rubbish, I am saying the jury is out. For f**ks sake, it's like we can't express concern on here about our players without people like you re-framing fact as fiction or others playing the man rather than the ball over my opinion.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]'s defence (not that he needs defending), he merely said he wasn't yet convinced about Andone and Locadia. Not that they're rubbish, or anything else, just that he remains to be convinced of their ability at the highest level. Lets not get too precious about someone having an opinion that isn't really that controversial compared to some of the ridiculous things said on these boards.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Absolutely incredible that I'm not allowed to objectively look at the performance of our striker, conclude that I'm not 100% convinced".

Of course . But its a bit odd to say post a match that a striker "didn't remotely look like scoring" - when of course he did
and that Murray doesn't foul and have an aggressive side to his game. When he clearly does. And then argue several times that Andone's goal was lucky when he created it out of nothing, is a bit of stretch. (yes. not all goals on target fired at the keeper go in - i get that bit)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For £5m he's a good buy, for £25m I wouldn't be so sure. The goal he scored at Huddersfield was superb, as was the one against Palace. Other than that he's had relatively few starts but has looked dangerous when coming off the bench. He also missed pre-season due to injury which doesn't help. He's second choice behing GM at present and understand why but I'm all for getting behind players.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
This is laughable. Maybe you should read the context? He's called me a clown and justified it because apparently me worrying about the fact Andone shot straight at the keeper with the goal to aim at means I'm being picky about Glenn Murray scoring off his bollocks.

Absolutely incredible that I'm not allowed to objectively look at the performance of our striker, conclude that I'm not 100% convinced, then explain why, without being accused of "pissing and moaning".

You are absolutely allowed to look objectively at the performance of our striker. I am also allowed to find this thread funny.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WTF is wrong with this place?
In my opinion, the thing most wrong with this place is the incessant streams consciousness from people who clearly think they are "a bit of a character" but in reality are tedious bores.

Oh sorry, was it a rhetorical question?

We as fans have watched a succession of hoofers (probably a couple of should be roofers), donkeys, the disinterested, down right lazy, talentless powderpuff nimrods as strikers, not to mention all the loanees who make the aforementioned look like Messi, con a living from the Albion.

Now the moment someone arrives who scores goals, and joy of joys is a nasty piece of work to boot, he's deemed not up too it.

What's the point.
Nobody will forget how you got pissy when people started correctly realising CMS was gash with you clapping along like a seal. Do you ever have an articulate opinion on a player that doesn't fall in line with the accepted view?

Meanwhile, seeing as I'm the clearly target of this post, where have I deemed "he's not up to it"? I'm expressing concern that he might not be, and nothing I saw yesterday really quells that worry. I was actually delighted when we signed Andone, and in all honesty I think if he puts away some of the more straight forward chances, he'll be a great asset. But yesterday he missed from six yards and then nearly made a mess of that equaliser. It concerns me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

* "He really has to work hard to win it " - well yes, that's what is expected of every professional footballer, and that was clearly there to be one once Bartley made a mess of it.

* "he nutmegs the 2nd defender skillfully" - you are F***KING JOKING. He quite blatantly miscontrols it but gets the rub of the green. I'm not criticising him for that, but don't bullshit. It doesn't make your point any more valid.

* "and then places it through the goalkeepers legs." - again, I can't take you seriously. You have written this as if the right course of action was drill his shot AT the keeper when the WHOLE goal was there to aim at.

I am NOT saying Andone is rubbish, I am saying the jury is out. For f**ks sake, it's like we can't express concern on here about our players without people like you re-framing fact as fiction or others playing the man rather than the ball over my opinion.

you can.
But Its not "I have concerns about Andone" . Its - he "didn't remotely look like scoring." When he did.
Its not - his finishing is suspect (see earlier chance and goal) - its the goal is "lucky"
Its not - his discipline might cause us issues. but Its unlike Murray who hasn't a problem with fouls. At all. Really ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course . But its a bit odd to say post a match that a striker "didn't remotely look like scoring" - when of course he did
and that Murray doesn't foul and have an aggressive side to his game. When he clearly does. And then argue several times that Andone's goal was lucky when he created it out of nothing, is a bit of stretch. (yes. not all goals on target fired at the keeper go in - i get that bit)
Ok, clearly I was wrong to say he didn't remotely look like scoring. But the rest of this post is your usual happy clappy toss. I didn't say Murray doesn't foul, I said he draws fouls. And I'd suggest that Andone's goal WAS fortuitous, and as I've just shown, your analysis of that goal was pure drivel.

Well done for getting the bit about hitting it straight at the keeper though - it's almost a tacit admission you were completely wrong.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I think Chris will have a quiet word. He's played in Europe so far in his career where this is normal and needs time to adjust to the 'British Way'.

I think he'll come good and be a real star for us.

I really hope this is the case as it only takes one bad apple you only have to look at our cousins up the road and Mr Tippy Tuppy he's made the very poor reputation of his club even poorer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you can.
But Its not "I have concerns about Andone" . Its - he "didn't remotely look like scoring." When he did.
Its not - his finishing is suspect (see earlier chance and goal) - its the goal is "lucky"
Its not - his discipline might cause us issues. but Its unlike Murray who hasn't a problem with fouls. At all. Really ?
I've already conceded I was wrong to say he didn't remotely look like scoring. The rest of this is just noise and bluster that isn't worth responding to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are absolutely allowed to look objectively at the performance of our striker. I am also allowed to find this thread funny.

That's big of you, but not what I asked. I asked am I allowed to do that without precious people like you accusing me of pissing and moaning or of doing things I haven't done. The thing is, you're just stifling debate if people can't post objectively against the prevailing view.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I think he's alright.

#teamfence

(Didn't he get poked in the eye at the weekend? Thought it looked a bit lame at first but seem to remember the replay showed a penetrating digit.)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

* "He really has to work hard to win it " - well yes, that's what is expected of every professional footballer, and that was clearly there to be one once Bartley made a mess of it.

Many strikers are encouraged to shoot between the keeper's legs if he is braced to go either way on a shot. If they get it right it's an almost certain goal as there is no way the keeper can get down to the ball. I'm not saying that Andone did it deliberately but it was the best place to put the ball - so maybe luck didn't play such a big part?.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
That's big of you, but not what I asked. I asked am I allowed to do that without precious people like you accusing me of pissing and moaning or of doing things I haven't done. The thing is, you're just stifling debate if people can't post objectively against the prevailing view.

I do think you're being just a bit precious. I said....

Nice for us all to have the luxury of critiquing the way our goals went in.............as opposed to pissing and moaning about another game where we didn't score. Excellent!

So it IS nice that we scored goals last night. The "as opposed to" refers to those not so rare occasions when we fail to trouble the scorer. So not last night, obviously....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Many strikers are encouraged to shoot between the keeper's legs if he is braced to go either way on a shot. If they get it right it's an almost certain goal as there is no way the keeper can get down to the ball. I'm not saying that Andone did it deliberately but it was the best place to put the ball - so maybe luck didn't play such a big part?.

We can't know the truth because I guess only Andone knows where he was aiming, but I agree with you, a hard shot aimed low straight at the keeper is a good strikers go to shot in a position where the keeper is looking to narrow angles and make himself big. I am of the side to give Andone the benefit of the doubt on that one, I thought it was an accurate striker's finish, but equally, he could have been aiming for the corner and got lucky.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here