Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is Murrayoffside behind all of this.

Tomer was getting a foothold in the team, at Murray's expense and he gets 'done'.
Now Andone is pushing for Murray's place and a 3 game ban is coming his way.

Coincidence - I think not.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I think Andone needs to get together with Wayne Hennessey, I'm sure they could come up with a plausible reason as to what happened.

Dear FA board, it has been brought to my attention, that whilst waving to a good friend of mine in the crowd on Wednesday evening, that frozen in a moment by the TV camera, it appears that my elbow connects with the chin of Sam Field and it’s made to look completely inappropriate, which clearly it wasn’t, as I am really not that type of person....

:laugh: worth a try I guess....

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
First we had Duffy, now Andone behaving irrationally stupid. Don't know if it's something in the water they're drinking but if you're going to lash out on an opponent, subtelty is key. Discretion, as they say, is the spice of life[SUP]*[/SUP].

No one says that, I made it up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not a joke at all, re watch the first 15 mins of the game and you'll see Livermore elbow Button in the face and Button wipe the blood away and get on with the match like a man, not go down and roll around on the floor like most 'professionals' do.

I'm talking about if you meant SALA or SALAH. As a joke about 'going down like Sala' would be slightly different to one about Liverpool's Egyptian fall-merchant.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not convinced there was any contact to be honest.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't appreciate the implication that that was implied. I wrote that he'd be saying "I'm useless AND can only see out of one eye". So no offence to one eyed people or Cyclopses (of which I'm neither, and yes I got your shit joke).

It wasn't a joke. I can only see out of one eye. What you've written is akin to "he's black and he's useless". A bit of humility would go a long way here because I genuinely found your implication offensive.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
First we had Duffy, now Andone behaving irrationally stupid. Don't know if it's something in the water they're drinking but if you're going to lash out on an opponent, subtelty is key. Discretion, as they say, is the spice of life[SUP]*[/SUP].

No one says that, I made it up.

Nearly posted a comments there, lesson learned, always read the small print!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It wasn't a joke. I can only see out of one eye. What you've written is akin to "he's black and he's useless". A bit of humility would go a long way here because I genuinely found your implication offensive.
Then I apologise profusely. I read your post as joking about me being "one eyed" in attitude. My mistake!

So I've doubly offended you because that term must really piss you off too. Sorry.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Then I apologise profusely. I read your post as joking about me being "one eyed" in attitude. My mistake!

So I've doubly offended you because that term must really piss you off too. Sorry.

It does. But I respect and accept the apology so thanks for being humble enough to give one.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
To repeat, every game we play now is televised. How do you think people can watch every game we play, or how we get highlights on MotD, Sky or Seagulls Player?
Yes I realise that but unless it is a live match on a major broadcaster like sky/BT then it is less likely some incidents will be picked up. Also match of the day only show highlights so situations like the Andone one may not receive the pundits attention especially if it has generally been a controversial week with lots of incidents.

I’m sure that the FA don’t watch the full 90 mins of every game to see what naughty things have been going on.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes I realise that but unless it is a live match on a major broadcaster like sky/BT then it is less likely some incidents will be picked up. Also match of the day only show highlights so situations like the Andone one may not receive the pundits attention especially if it has generally been a controversial week with lots of incidents.

I’m sure that the FA don’t watch the full 90 mins of every game to see what naughty things have been going on.

How do you think Hemed, for instance, picked up his three-match ban last season?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

FWIW, I can only see out of one eye and didn't see it akin to racism or take offence.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

For goodness sake stop being so sensitive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not a joke at all, re watch the first 15 mins of the game and you'll see Livermore elbow Button in the face and Button wipe the blood away and get on with the match like a man, not go down and roll around on the floor like most 'professionals' do.

If players have to go off to change their shirts when blood falls on them, then Button should have said something to the ref, because the blood would be on his gloves.
When does Livermore have to appear before the FA?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For goodness sake stop being so sensitive.
[MENTION=14669]LlcoolJ[/MENTION], who made the comment, has apologised because he can appreciate why a person with that disability (me) would find his comments insulting and his apology has subsequently been accepted. We'd both moved on. So why are you getting involved?

FYI - go and ask anyone with a disability if they appreciate their disability being insulted and you'll probably get the same reaction you'd get from someone who'd been suffering racist abuse all their life or from a female who'd had to suffer sexist remarks all their life. If that troubles you, then you need to take a good hard look at yourself lad, because it's you that's got the issue, not me.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
FWIW, I can only see out of one eye and didn't see it akin to racism or take offence.

For me personally, that's because our disability is still fair game in modern society. Comedians make jokes about such matters regularly - I'm also a very well functioning white guy who's very outwardly confident (not that you'd know that from a forum) so people assume making such remarks has less of an effect. But I've suffered at the hands of bullies in my life due to my disability and I did take offence as a result; in fact, I will continue to pull up people who make such remarks without hesitation because making jokes about disabled people isn't a lesser offence than being racist or being sexist or any of the more in vogue forms of prejudice. But he's apologised and I've accepted, so there's no issue there.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For me personally, that's because our disability is still fair game in modern society. Comedians make jokes about such matters regularly - I'm also a very well functioning white guy who's very outwardly confident (not that you'd know that from a forum) so people assume making such remarks has less of an effect. But I've suffered at the hands of bullies in my life due to my disability and I did take offence as a result; in fact, I will continue to pull up people who make such remarks without hesitation because making jokes about disabled people isn't a lesser offence than being racist or being sexist or any of the more in vogue forms of prejudice. But he's apologised and I've accepted, so there's no issue there.
That's your perogative - I just wanted to pass on my views which are that I saw it as a throwaway comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here