Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Very strange decision not to open all areas straight away considering a near sell out for the WBA game , for what they may save on stewarding i'm certain now they will lose so much more in non attending upper concourses customers .

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
with 400 plus seats still left and with the whole south west corner still in reserve , those who refuse to contemplate sitting somewhere other than the gods could well miss out,classic cutting your nose off to spite your face on the cards here. Poor actual attendance yesterday (despite reasonable pretendance figure-there were loads of empty seats ) , with a small take up by Derby fans, with all the train issues, the club may feel that its not worth opening the upper tiers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
with 400 plus seats still left and with the whole south west corner still in reserve , those who refuse to contemplate sitting somewhere other than the gods could well miss out,classic cutting your nose off to spite your face on the cards here. Poor actual attendance yesterday (despite reasonable pretendance figure-there were loads of empty seats ) , with a small take up by Derby fans, with all the train issues, the club may feel that its not worth opening the upper tiers.

In which case they might consider their original decision to be justified

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on you lot....buy buy buy.

I want the mill hill p&r opened!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

That will be me then.....Im not sitting in the rain.....will watch on TV and save 5 hours in the car..

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think our defeat on Saturday has come at a bad time for ticket sales from this

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand why having got 27000 fo WBA the club didnt open the whole stadium. I almost assumed they would and if they do i'll buy 4 tickets. Bizarre.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I don't understand why having got 27000 fo WBA the club didnt open the whole stadium. I almost assumed they would and if they do i'll buy 4 tickets. Bizarre.

because they have sold cup tickets this was for a while-AND IT WORKS. The tickets aren't selling very well for this game which kind of proves them right, had the whole stadium been open from the outset, there would be vast swathes of empty seating all over the ground. Its looking likley that unless there is a sudden surge of tickets selling then the west upper and half east upper will remain closed-possibly all of the upper tiers.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
because they have sold cup tickets this was for a while-AND IT WORKS. The tickets aren't selling very well for this game which kind of proves them right.

If you read this thread, loads of fans are waiting for upper tiers to open.

Most would have predicted 20k+, so the club could have at least opened East Upper straight away (West Upper hidden from cameras, obv),

Edit: And I'd guess they still will, btw, so just wasting time.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
because they have sold cup tickets this was for a while-AND IT WORKS. The tickets aren't selling very well for this game which kind of proves them right, had the whole stadium been open from the outset, there would be vast swathes of empty seating all over the ground. Its looking likley that unless there is a sudden surge of tickets selling then the west upper and half east upper will remain closed-possibly all of the upper tiers.

How can you say tickets not selling well. Have sold all but 300ish in nearly 3 days

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
If you read this thread, loads of fans are waiting for upper tiers to open.

Most would have predicted 20k+, so the club could have at least opened East Upper straight away (West Upper hidden from cameras, obv),

Edit: And I'd guess they still will, btw, so just wasting time.

not "loads" but a few on here, which doesn't necessarily translate into selling the East Stand upper. I genuinely don't understand why some people are so precious over a seat. I understand that people have a preferred location,and having sat in every area I prefer to be where my season tickets seats are, but to risk not being able to get tickets and then blame the club (which they undoubtedly will) just seems childish. By all means wait to see if the upper levels open (and chances are East Upperor part of it will) but why keep harping on about a process that has been followed time and again, isn't going to change (apart for maybe a top 6 opponent) and for the vast majority of people works really well

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
How can you say tickets not selling well. Have sold all but 300ish in nearly 3 days

because there are still a couple thousand in the lower tiers to be made avaialble, SW Corner, South where Derby only have 1750 ish) so by the standard of the WBA game, they aren't selling particularly well

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
not "loads" but a few on here, which doesn't necessarily translate into selling the East Stand upper. I genuinely don't understand why some people are so precious over a seat. I understand that people have a preferred location,and having sat in every area I prefer to be where my season tickets seats are, but to risk not being able to get tickets and then blame the club (which they undoubtedly will) just seems childish. By all means wait to see if the upper levels open (and chances are East Upperor part of it will) but why keep harping on about a process that has been followed time and again, isn't going to change (apart for maybe a top 6 opponent) and for the vast majority of people works really well

I don’t believe anyone is ‘precious’ about a seat.

There are just some who wish to wait in the hope their preferred area to sit in is made available.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
why keep harping on about a process that has been followed time and again, isn't going to change (apart for maybe a top 6 opponent) and for the vast majority of people works really well

Because it's a crap process, which was proved wrong against West Brom and Coventry, which were both very well attended.

The club has seemingly come up with a ultra-conservative strategy due to the Palace game which was poorly attended for very, very specific reasons.

The drip-feeding process is clearing pissing off fans. AND it's probably cost the club sales this time as Saturday's performance will have put off casuals, I'm sure.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
because there are still a couple thousand in the lower tiers to be made avaialble, SW Corner, South where Derby only have 1750 ish) so by the standard of the WBA game, they aren't selling particularly well

What are you talking about. You can only buy what is made available and all but 350 ish seats offered have sold in under 3 days which is outstanding

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Derby have sold out initial allocation and are getting more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here