Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
What are you talking about. You can only buy what is made available and all but 350 ish seats offered have sold in under 3 days which is outstanding

Derby have sold out initial allocation and are getting more.

In which case the upper tiers will open and everyone will be happy and get the seats they want thus rendering the whole hand wringing angst a complete waist of time, or they wont sell , both showing its a reasonable approach by the club

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In which case the upper tiers will open and everyone will be happy and get the seats they want thus rendering the whole hand wringing angst a complete waist of time, or they wont sell , both showing its a reasonable approach by the club

Except if the ESU opens now, some will be in the lower who wished to be in upper. Some, no doubt, will be split from friends. Some have been left waiting until final week to make plans. And some will have now decided not to bother.

Don't know how anyone outside the club could defend such a conservative roll-out. It suggests that the club is unable to predict an attendance. Given the data and research possibilities at their disposal, that's a joke.

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Except if the ESU opens now, some will be in the lower who wished to be in upper. Some, no doubt, will be split from friends. Some have been left waiting until final week to make plans. And some will have now decided not to bother.

Don't know how anyone outside the club could defend such a conservative roll-out. It suggests that the club is unable to predict an attendance. Given the data and research possibilities at their disposal, that's a joke.

Who’s analysing the data? Frank Spencer?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

People had the chance to sit with up to 3 friends (per STH/member) in the lower tiers, and another chance when/ if the upper tiers open. I can’t think of a fairer system and think the club has got it, and it’s forecasts spot on.

Aren’t we being a little precious and still a bit angry after yday?

What did you do when someone stood in “your” spot at the Goldstone?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I sat in the ESL last time as I bought my tickets before the ESU was open. I have sat in the North, WSL and WSU in the past but for me the ESU is where I want to be as for me the view is better. I don't mind if I don't sit in my normal seat just as long is I am in the upper tier. So I am going to hang out for the ESU to open, if it doesn't I probably wont go.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
People had the chance to sit with up to 3 friends (per STH/member) in the lower tiers, and another chance when/ if the upper tiers open. I can’t think of a fairer system and think the club has got it,

You're not very imaginative then. All lower levels and ESU open on day one. That's all it needed.

and it’s forecasts spot on.

What forecast?!

What did you do when someone stood in “your” spot at the Goldstone?

Well I'd certainly be peeved if the club refused to open the North Stand at the Goldstone until the South sold out...

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
but its only the front few rows that get wet, plenty of seats at the top of the lower tiers and the view is great
I was right of the front of the North Stand for Spurs last year and it was utterly miserable in the rain. Of course, not losing would have helped, but I'm not planning to ever go into the first 10 rows again.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
This may help the Upper Stands to Open...

"An initial allocation of 1,723 tickets was made available for Rams supporters and, after going on General Sale this morning having previously being on sale to Away Members and Season Ticket Holders earlier in the, these have been quickly snapped up.
A further allocation will be made available in the coming days and supporters should check back to dcfc.co.uk to find out when these are on sale"

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/02/initial-brighton-allocation-sold-out-2

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
it's probably cost the club sales this time as Saturday's performance will have put off casuals, I'm sure.

#MeToo

Football Casuals.png

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Shouldn't we be quaking in our boots now and just let the U21's have a run out, as this will probably guarantee PL survival, or maybe it wont make any difference. Who knows:shrug:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Shouldn't we be quaking in our boots now and just let the U21's have a run out, as this will probably guarantee PL survival, or maybe it wont make any difference. Who knows:shrug:

No, play the strongest team available as they clearly need match practice. Win the game and then they can have some quiet time in Dubai.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
It looks like there are only single seats left in all areas except S1A with only 70 seat left there. Surely they must open up more areas now. The big question is will be be the SW corner or ESU next?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I was right of the front of the North Stand for Spurs last year and it was utterly miserable in the rain. Of course, not losing would have helped, but I'm not planning to ever go into the first 10 rows again.

Uh oh........

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It looks like there are only single seats left in all areas except S1A with only 70 seat left there. Surely they must open up more areas now. The big question is will be be the SW corner or ESU next?

I've made this point repeatedly about the Albion's ticket sale policy. There will be less-regular fans who look at scarce availability at times like these, see mainly odd tickets, figure they're too late and decide not to come and do something else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here