Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's wrong if the club don't open the upper tiers from the outset for this one, as has been suggested. Last season's Coventry game, and the West Brom tie illustrate there is demand for these games with the club's excellent pricing strategy.

Still, it provides an opportunity for us to speculate when it will open. Over to you [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION]...

Previous episodes in the series:

West Brom: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?369576
Coventry: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?361225

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely idiotic if the club don't open the upper tiers from the outset for this one, as has been suggested.

More than 'suggested'. From official site:

"Please note that the North, East & West Lower sections of the ground will be open, with visiting supporters situated in an area of the South stand. If demand requires it, further seating areas will be opened, but please note seat moves cannot be made after a ticket has been purchased."

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nice pricing again for this. Lunchtime kickoff too so less reason to have to rush off afterwards. Believe it is Brighton Uni applicants day also so trains could be busy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I'll go to this game.....if my wsu seat becomes available.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Already on the website. This really annoys me.

We won't get less people for this game than the WBA one

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder if live TV coverage might slow down sales for this one?

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Of course they will be open, after all it is against Frank Lampard’s Derby, not just Derby County.
I will be waiting for the Upper tiers again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Happy to bet you a quid that "further seating areas will need to be opened as demand requires it."

Further sections will be opened, of course. But might be slow process. Might leave some WSU STHers sweating...

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Going to try wsu or esu this time, got a st in the north and sat in wsl for the West Brom game so would like to try something different this time

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
i really don't understand the logic of this partial opening of the ground...

It's the club being conservative. A reaction to the fact that we're didn't come close to selling out against Palace in the cup when all the stadium was opened.

Of course this was because of evening KO, TV coverage, no trains, trouble at previous match, higher prices etc etc, not a sign that there's no interest in the FA Cup, but there you go...

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Cant make this one so 2 prime ESU will be unchallenged when finally opened

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Could backfire. If loads of WSU and ESU STHs wait for the upper tiers to open it might mean the lower tiers don’t sell out, therefore leaving the upper tiers unopened.

Who’s gonna blink first?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here