Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Totally disagree.

What's wrong with waiting until season ticket holders have had the chance to claim their seats before doing that? And why should an irregular fan have a preferential seat claim to someone who goes week in week out?

In what way do they have a preferential seat claim?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Confusingly it states on the main website in the 5th round link that Mill Road will be open but when I looked at the ticket site and clicked the match info link it states there that it will not be open?!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Just looked it up. The full week closure starts on the 16th, but the line is also closed this coming weekend too, along with every weekend but one in March, and some in April too. FFS.

I’ve gone down with CUP FEVER

Booked tickets in W1F behind the dugouts.

Train journey booked through London to East Croydon. Then to avoid the bus I have to change to Southern for Littlehampton, Angmering, Worthing Shoreham and Brighton.

Blimey. The Magic of the Cup

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
When - approximately - do the upper tiers open? Is there a kaxxon of some kind?

They might not. It's the magic of the cup (ticket dripfeed).

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Totally disagree.

What's wrong with waiting until season ticket holders have had the chance to claim their seats before doing that? And why should an irregular fan have a preferential seat claim to someone who goes week in week out?

I sit back row of SWC right at the apex of the bend. I CANT buy my seat as it's either used for segregation or the away fans. If every fan in WSL etc. Wanted their own reserved then why would myself and 2 friends have to miss out?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
oh i love reading the binfest of some over entitled season ticket holders getting their knickers all twisted up thinking that the stadium was built solely for them to sit exactly where they choose and have preferential rights over everyone else at all times. Its the same every cup game now, as the club use the same method to sell tickets, namely lower stadium first, East Stand Upper, West Stand Upper. It works very well. Some people really have a weird sense of priorities to get so worked up over something so trivial, and yes, it is trivial-its where you sit at a football match at vastly reduced prices.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
oh i love reading the binfest of some over entitled season ticket holders getting their knickers all twisted up thinking that the stadium was built solely for them to sit exactly where they choose and have preferential rights over everyone else at all times. Its the same every cup game now, as the club use the same method to sell tickets, namely lower stadium first, East Stand Upper, West Stand Upper. It works very well. Some people really have a weird sense of priorities to get so worked up over something so trivial, and yes, it is trivial-its where you sit at a football match at vastly reduced prices.

I'm glad you haven't implied all STH's are over entitled, because I don't give a shit. Obviously, when we get to the final, however, I will expect drinks, a red carpet and a fluffer.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The reason you cant buy your own seat.
I'm in 625.
My mates are in 626 to 630 (a pair and a family of 3). Other side are 1, 2, 2 and 3 taking up 625 to 618.
Lets say I want 4 tickets, as I do, where do I buy them?
What if 626 wants 4 as well plus his seat.
Then 624 wants 4. Doesn't work.
No, the system as is works perfectly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cup Fever ramps up and ticket binfests are brewing

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
How does that give them a 'preferential claim' OVER other season ticket holders, who are free to buy themselves at the same juncture?

It doesn’t.

But not everyone wants to buy tickets for people other than themselves.

All I am (badly) trying to say is that there would be enough space for everyone if the whole ground was open to start with.

I wonder if we win and draw Man Utd at home in the 6th round whether things would be done in the same way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here