Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

I think Derby may have been given a smaller allocation for this one. At this time only blocks B to E in the south are showing as away fans. Clearly the remaining south stand could be for Derby too but interestingly, the whole of W1A is on sale to home fans in the last round. The significance of this is that the whole of the south (bar A) was available for away fans meaning a 4300 allocation. The sterile area would have been in W1A.

Now the sterile area would have to be in the SE corner, slightly reducing the 4300, unless Derby get S1A or maybe E1H too. This could make sense if they are insisting on their max allocation which at 15% would be around 4600.

No doubt Derby will announce their allocation on their website soon so we will know.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Been sat in the queue for 10 minutes and I am 724 in the queue . Hope some thug doesn’t get my seat whilst I am waiting

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This could make sense if they are insisting on their max allocation which at 15% would be around 4600.

I would be very surprised if that's the case - While our away support for FA cup games is pretty good, there's a few factors that make me think this will be less of a following....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
But the arguments put forward (TV, early kick off & No trains) supports the club's stance of only opening the lower tiers.

...and fourth Saturday Home game in a row

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I decided to treat the Mother and Father in Law to seats, too. I'm slowly converting them to the Albion... It'll be a costly exercise, but I'm winning so far :bhasign:

Logged in at 9.43, had a coffee, kept coming back and refreshing. 9.58 and wallop - the game appears. Like an e-athlete I'm clicking on the good seats. The first 10 blocks 'available' seats I clicked on immediately came up as 'unavailable' (so some bugger beat me to the click). I got two in the end in W1F which they'll be delighted with! Well pleased.

UTA !!

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
122 and 4 minutes to go

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Bought 12 tickets in E1C east lower (Same seats as W Brom Cup game) me my 2 boys and a mixture of mates and their kids. Hope we can get at least 25k in teh stadium. Being on TV and early kick off aside I think it should be well attended.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Logged in at 10.01am, 800 in the queue ahead of me. Reached the front at 10.32am. Usual seats in E1C ESL already gone. Got the last pair in the back row of the block. Happy enough with those.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would be very surprised if that's the case - While our away support for FA cup games is pretty good, there's a few factors that make me think this will be less of a following....

West Brom bought down 4,000+, and I'd say your support is on a par, possibly slightly less than theirs so should be knocking on 4,000 away audience I'd have thought.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But to offset that, you'll get a glimpse of the heady world of the Premier League, That's got to be attractive for a club like yours, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here