Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The club has a bit of a split personality over tickets. It rewards (rightly) those who attend most (home & away) with loyalty points which give them preference on away tickets though that is not always a benefit when the poorer seats are offered first. For home cup games it just throws it open to wider audience and loyalty and preference matter not a jot.

Personally I got excellent tickets for the last cup game and good tickets for Derby so not as annoyed/distressed as others but I can see where they are coming from.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The reason you cant buy your own seat.
I'm in 625.
My mates are in 626 to 630 (a pair and a family of 3). Other side are 1, 2, 2 and 3 taking up 625 to 618.
Lets say I want 4 tickets, as I do, where do I buy them?
What if 626 wants 4 as well plus his seat.
Then 624 wants 4. Doesn't work.
No, the system as is works perfectly.

This.

:shrug::bowdown::lolol::thumbsup:

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I'm not a STH, I think the clubs got it pretty spot on. Only thing I'd question is not having the whole ground open from the start, as its sure to be needed. Im glad i dont have the distress of possibly not attaining "my usual seat" !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally, I'm not stressing out about getting my exact seat in WSU, just that I would like to see the game from a seat in that area because that's the view I prefer.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
I'm not a STH, I think the clubs got it pretty spot on. Only thing I'd question is not having the whole ground open from the start, as its sure to be needed. Im glad i dont have the distress of possibly not attaining "my usual seat" !

Don't worry if you ever do get a season ticket as this distress doesn't affect 95% of holders, just the ones with narcissistic entitlement.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Haven’t read the whole thread so this may have already been said, but does the mixing up of where everyone sits affect the atmosphere? I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat for the WBA game and wondered if this was the reason.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Haven’t read the whole thread so this may have already been said, but does the mixing up of where everyone sits affect the atmosphere? I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat for the WBA game and wondered if this was the reason.

I think your point is a valid one - as well as regular supporters in different parts of the ground there will also have been some new ones including those only enticed by the attractive ticket price and/or the chance to take a larger group of friends/family together.
Having said that I still think the ticketing approach is fair to all and it’s up to us support our team wherever we are!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm definitely waiting for the WSU to open, went to the North for the Cov and WBA matches but I enjoy the game more in the WSU.
I wouldn't mind giving the ESU a try though.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well I pounced this morning. 4 tickets for W1F delivered to my inbox at 10.03
Hopefully CH has watched Bielsa's presentation on how to beat Derby.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
oh i love reading the binfest of some over entitled season ticket holders getting their knickers all twisted up thinking that the stadium was built solely for them to sit exactly where they choose and have preferential rights over everyone else at all times. Its the same every cup game now, as the club use the same method to sell tickets, namely lower stadium first, East Stand Upper, West Stand Upper. It works very well. Some people really have a weird sense of priorities to get so worked up over something so trivial, and yes, it is trivial-its where you sit at a football match at vastly reduced prices.

This. All this ‘my seat’ bollocks is laughable. Try somewhere else for a change (yes I am a STH).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well I pounced this morning. 4 tickets for W1F delivered to my inbox at 10.03
Hopefully CH has watched Bielsa's presentation on how to beat Derby.

I'm currently searching through the trash cans in LS11 as we speak

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have, east lower, east upper, north west but prefer the view from my season ticket seat (or at least in that vicinity).

This really, there is a good reason why us STH choose the seat we have, be it price, view, sit near friends etc. I think it's a shame we don't, as in the old days, have a short window, even if it's for just a few hours, where we can purchase our own seats, before the club start selling to the masses.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This really, there is a good reason why us STH choose the seat we have, be it price, view, sit near friends etc. I think it's a shame we don't, as in the old days, have a short window, even if it's for just a few hours, where we can purchase our own seats, before the club start selling to the masses.
But as Bozza alluded to earlier, the club has clearly pursued a policy such that people who don't usually get the chance to go can now do so at a reasonable price and whilst sitting next to friends and family who might be STHs. The issue with your small window example is that suddenly these large groups can't find larger blocks of seats to sit together, because they're punctuated by small groups of STHs.

Honestly, this happens two or three times a season - people really shouldn't be fussing over this issue in my view. (I'm not saying that you are doing that, by the way - this board is all about debate).

Personally I think this game is actually a tougher sell than some people realise. Being televised and the 12.30 timing suggest to me that any gate over 22-23,000 would be an excellent one.

Just had a loook around the Derby forums. There is not much enthusiasm for the trip south what with the 1230 TV and the trains. Odd Derby have not announced sales yet but I’m thinking they may have only got an initial allocation of around 2500. This would be in keeping with the coloured blocks in the south too.

This means more home tickets to sell meaning a lower attandance than WB

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

We are talking about a chair, NOT pre-paid as not part of ST, overseeing a piece of grass with men running about on. Shirley your friends and family etc can sit en mass somewhere nearby for such a game without feeling too let down?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here