Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very hard to understand. We have been on TV so many times and attendances always held up. Why have they not learnt from West Brom game and we are 3 games from the final. 100:% certain will be 25k plus so why didnt they give ST holders in all but upper west until tonight to claim there seats.

Not allowing STHs to claim their seat is absolutely the right thing to do IMO, as it allows groups made up of STHs and non-STHs alike to plan and get seats from the off. Many of us take less regular fans to games like this due to ease of sitting together - difficult if not impossible for league fixtures - and the club's excellent pricing policy.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Not allowing STHs to claim their seat is absolutely the right thing to do IMO, as it allows groups made up of STHs and non-STHs alike to plan and get seats from the off. Many of us take less regular fans to games like this due to ease of sitting together - difficult if not impossible for league fixtures - and the club's excellent pricing policy.

100% agree with this as it means I can bring my wife and two kids. Quite happy to sacrifice not having my usual seat and have the chance to bring along the family instead. The only criticism is, of course, that all areas of the stadium should be available immediately as it will obviously be a near sell out and there is only a short time frame to sell the tickets.

twiggy666

Jan 3, 2019
If anyone is interested I have P70 BHA number plate for sale as it used to belong to my late father. I have the plate on retention. I would rather it go to a BHA fan, hence why I am trying to sell it on here. Thanks

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sadly they have used capitals to clearly state that Mill Road WILL NOT be open - that's me watching on tv then.

Urgh. This is the day the Brighton Mainline rail improvement project starts too, isn't it?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can I just buy a ticket at the shop?

Doesn't mention it on the post talking about the tickets but assume it would be the same on sale times as by telephone.

Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 13.38.14.png

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Totally disagree.

What's wrong with waiting until season ticket holders have had the chance to claim their seats before doing that? And why should an irregular fan have a preferential seat claim to someone who goes week in week out?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think that's this weekend, and next.

Just looked it up. The full week closure starts on the 16th, but the line is also closed this coming weekend too, along with every weekend but one in March, and some in April too. FFS.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What's wrong with waiting until season ticket holders have had the chance to claim their seats before doing that? And why should an irregular fan have a preferential seat claim to someone who goes week in week out

Why should STHers who want to take additional paying guests wait until STHers have (or, in many cases, have not) taken up their option before buying their tickets?

STHers still have an exclusivity window to buy, and can get their own seat if quick enough (in the lower tiers, at least).

*shrugs*

Edit: Also, with this particular tie, the club doesn't have time to be dicking about.

Last edited:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Why should STHers who want to take additional paying guests wait until STHers have (or, in many cases, have not) taken up their option before buying their tickets?

STHers still have an exclusivity window to buy, and can get their own seat if quick enough (in the lower tiers, at least).

*shrugs*

Completely agree. STHs enjoy every PL home game and get first choice on all tickets - including for this game. Those unable to get a ST yet have chances such as this to get seats in an area not often available. It shouldn’t really be viewed as a hardship to sit in a slightly different position.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ooh it’s a corner;8770817 said:
Completely agree. STHs enjoy every PL home game and get first choice on all tickets - including for this game. Those unable to get a ST yet have chances such as this to get seats in an area not often available. It shouldn’t really be viewed as a hardship to sit in a slightly different position.

Great first post. Welcome. :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They also said that it wouldn't be open for the WBA game at the beginning, but once it was clear we were getting a decent crowd, they changed their mind.

I know. Once they changed their mind, I changed mine and scored a couple of excellent late release seats in WSL. Once they opened Mill Rd P + R, they got my ticket money, pie and drink money. Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here