Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure about WSU but ESU has a wheelchair section sort of to the side of the new Sky box in the SW corner. Not sure how they get the wheelchairs up the stairs if they can't use the lift!

There isn't a wheelchair section in the WSU though for obvious reasons, you're looking at about 6 or 7 flights of stairs to get to the top. The Sky box doesn't look all that high up, maybe 1 or 2 flights ? (I don't know, never been there). Perhaps with it being lower down its considered more manageable to evacuate the disabled from that section via the stairs. Again, I don't know the H&S regulations or what would happen in an emergency, but a lift is always seen as not being an option.

Would be interested to know though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Semantics.

Not really. No-one at the club is an idiot. It's just this FA ticketing policy which, given historical data, ticketing pricing etc is, well... let's say, nonsensical.

(That said, not siding with STHers who are demanding 'their seat' for cup games).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really. No-one at the club is an idiot. It's just this FA ticketing policy which, given historical data, ticketing pricing etc is, well... let's say, nonsensical.

So...

"I'm I don't think club staff are idiots, just the ticketing policy, chosen, designed and managed by club staff"

ok mate

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The lifts are usually reserved for the disabled.

Don’t think so. At least I’ve never seen them used for such.

Contrary to popular opinion certain lifts CAN be used in an emergency (some of those in my office can be for example) including fire so I assume that is also the case for the ESU. The ones in WSU are for goods etc not the disabled.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don’t think so. At least I’ve never seen them used for such.

Contrary to popular opinion certain lifts CAN be used in an emergency (some of those in my office can be for example) including fire so I assume that is also the case for the ESU. The ones in WSU are for goods etc not the disabled.

yes, someone mentioned that earlier, I was clearly confused :facepalm:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So... "I'm I don't think club staff are idiots, just the ticketing policy, chosen, designed and managed by club staff" ok mate

Resting Glenn Murray on Saturday would be an idiotic decision imo given the circumstances (striker shortages; the gap until next match).

I wouldn’t consider Chris Hughton to be an idiot.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Resting Glenn Murray on Saturday would be an idiotic decision imo given the circumstances (striker shortages; the gap until next match).

I wouldn’t consider Chris Hughton to be an idiot.

So, you don't think Chris will rest him, otherwise that will prove he's an idiot? Is that what you mean?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No, I mean a single decision doesn't define your character.

Ah I see.

So, we shouldn't judge the person who decided to write to the Argus rather than contacting the club directly, as it's just a single decision. It just LOOKS like attention seeking, but it' too early to judge. Got it :whistle:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ah I see.

So, we shouldn't judge the person who decided to write to the Argus rather than contacting the club directly, as it's just a single decision. It just LOOKS like attention seeking, but it' too early to judge. Got it :whistle:
Nope. That person may or may not have written something idiotic, but if so, then it doesn't, on it's own, define him as an idiot.

Paul Barber is being a little precious.

You sure about that ? I thought the lifts were strictly for staff use/catering etc only. If a disabled person can't manage to get up the stairs to the WSU, then they're obviously not going to be allowed to use the lift in an emergency to get back down. Elf' and safety and all that.

Anyway, 2,704 tickets remaining in the WSU this morning, so they sold just under 500-odd yesterday. I expect they'll shift a few tomorrow if the forecast is clement.

100 gone since your update, so the pace seems consistant.

JBD

Jul 12, 2009
Zone Q
I think they have special escape wheelchairs if there is a fire, that's why you have to book a place in lift.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really, calling someone and their staff idiots at the start of a letter you've sent to a newspaper rather than directly to the club and a ceo who regularly responds to all his mail from fans isn't exactly constructive. If you want to raise a point, there are ways of going about it without calling people idiotic. I bet he didn't get a private apology, and certainly doesn't deserve one.

We've gone from fighting for the very existence of a club to writing nasty little letters to the press about why a stand isn't opened a few days early. Ridiculous really.

Whilst I fully agree with you I also think a Roger Lewis chant would be funny.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Having waited for the shelf which doesn't look like its going to be open, looks like I'll be going into West Upper. Have never been before - I presume there are lifts in our lovely new stadium? That many stairs are a bit beyond me!

About 225 steps from the north end counted them a few times . Deep breathe head down and off u go good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He called the ticketing policy idiotic, not staff. And it was.

Except he didn't. He said in his letter "can someone please explain to me who took the idiotic decision not to open the upper east for the Derby FA Cup game."

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
About 225 steps from the north end counted them a few times . Deep breathe head down and off u go good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha, would love to but knackered arthritic knees can only manage a few steps these days. Damn getting old! :p

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Except he didn't. He said in his letter "can someone please explain to me who took the idiotic decision not to open the upper east for the Derby FA Cup game."

Oh please. He called the decision idiotic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here