Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rosenior and Roberts

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Compared to thicko Ashley Cole and professional Scouser Jamie Carrager on Monday it was a breath of fresh air. I don't know why Sky seem to think that a brilliant player (you can't really argue that both of they were absolutely top-drawer) will be a good pundit; quite often they are ill-informed dullards with a total top-6 bias.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Both intelligent guys who know football & can talk in a way people understand.

Still think Liam Rosenior is slowly being groomed by the club as an eventual replacement for CH though he may have to wait quite a while.

Oh please! Liam Rosenior being groomed to be our next manager? He has only just accepted his first job in coaching with the Development Squad, and that is many years away from becoming the manager of a team in the Premier League!

Even then, it's presuming that he is a) good enough, and b) wnats to do it. There are a million bridges to cross before that ever happens. You are getting just atad carried away there I think.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Both intelligent guys who know football & can talk in a way people understand.

Still think Liam Rosenior is slowly being groomed by the club as an eventual replacement for CH though he may have to wait quite a while.

That would be excellent.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, he was excellent as was Liam. Unlike Kilbane who thought everything WBA did was incredible.

I thought that too, Kilbane sounded like a died in the wool Baggie. Made me smile inwardly the way both he and the commentator were 'reassuring' each other that West Brom had started the game better, when in my view the opposite was true.

In a way l can understand why the BBC would want the underdogs to do well, it makes for more exciting tv.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought that too, Kilbane sounded like a died in the wool Baggie. Made me smile inwardly the way both he and the commentator were 'reassuring' each other that West Brom had started the game better, when in my view the opposite was true.

In a way l can understand why the BBC would want the underdogs to do well, it makes for more exciting tv.
Yep, they kept stating it was even but the stats belied that 'fact'. They even said the first game was even when we were overwhelmingly on top. It was irritating and i wished i could turn them both off and listen to the depleted crowd!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suspect both were shaking their heads in despair with the abuse Bong was getting both when he was on the pitch and warming up

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Compared to thicko Ashley Cole and professional Scouser Jamie Carrager on Monday it was a breath of fresh air. I don't know why Sky seem to think that a brilliant player (you can't really argue that both of they were absolutely top-drawer) will be a good pundit; quite often they are ill-informed dullards with a total top-6 bias.

Was thinking just this. Cole was useless (as expected) and brought zero insight to the show. Even my son said it was embarrassing.

Liam does the EFL show on Sky with David Prutton and quite a lot of Championship games. Worth watching just for him, although they both seem to have excellent knowledge of all the teams they are talking about. No mean feat compared to the usual dross we get served up with "pundits" like Lawro, Shearer, Merson et al.

Have said it before that LR is the best pundit on TV (and that's not just because I love the bloke!) and Roberts was also excellent and should get more airtime.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I suspect both were shaking their heads in despair with the abuse Bong was getting both when he was on the pitch and warming up

But the entire programme was a vignette with where we're currently at: some intelligent guys talking (who just happened to be black), and a bunch of racists (who just happened to be white)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But the entire programme was a vignette with where we're currently at: some intelligent guys talking (who just happened to be black), and a bunch of racists (who just happened to be white)

Rodriguez got grief too, it was a two way thing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, he was excellent as was Liam. Unlike Kilbane who thought everything WBA did was incredible.

When he DID manage to remember there were two sides playing, the best he could come up with was to describe Bissouma as a "player". Man alive! Is that the best he could come up with?

Although I think it was Chappers at the end who said "You have to feel sorry for West Brom though, don't you?" "No, not really" was my response through the TV :lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Jay Rodriguez was getting it too while he was on the pitch, only difference was you couldn't hear it on tv as the Seagulls fans were in the minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here