Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rosenior and Roberts

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Haven't looked at the whole thread but thought both were very impressive. Some of the other pundits could learn a thing or two

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought coverage was quality last night. Even Kilbane, who was worst of the lot, gave a 7/10 performance I'd be quite content with most weeks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It could only have been improved by the appearance of Mrs Rosenior.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Jay Rodriguez was getting it too while he was on the pitch, only difference was you couldn't hear it on tv as the Seagulls fans were in the minority.

Am so bored of this false equivalency (mainly from Burnley fans). Booing someone who was neither proven to be, nor proven not to have been a racist (even if Rodriquez's side of the story is true, it still makes him a prat) is not the same as booing someone who in good faith (as was clearly stated by the review) believed they were subjected to racist comments. One is booing the opposition because they are a prick, the other is discouraging anyone subjected to racist abuse to speak out.

That said, I personally wouldn't have booed Rodriguez mainly because it makes it seem like this is a tribal thing and would only encourage the chants against Gaetan.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Am so bored of this false equivalency (mainly from Burnley fans). Booing someone who was neither proven to be, nor proven not to have been a racist (even if Rodriquez's side of the story is true, it still makes him a prat) is not the same as booing someone who in good faith (as was clearly stated by the review) believed they were subjected to racist comments. One is booing the opposition because they are a prick, the other is discouraging anyone subjected to racist abuse to speak out.

That said, I personally wouldn't have booed Rodriguez mainly because it makes it seem like this is a tribal thing and would only encourage the chants against Gaetan.

If he did just tell Bong his breath stunk, really not sure why that makes him a prick, that is no worse than cricket sledge, just a stupid comment to get into players head, its done all the time.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Better than Warnock on the radio then who just kept saying how shit the game was without even an attempt at insight.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If he did just tell Bong his breath stunk, really not sure why that makes him a prick, that is no worse than cricket sledge, just a stupid comment to get into players head, its done all the time.

'IF...'

Saying that just telling him his breath stunk is being highly selective. The accusation was that there was a racist element to it. From there, this shouldn't be so summarily dismissed, irrespective of the lack of corroborative evidence.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s so unfortunate this Bong/JR situation has got to this point but for me the blame lays squarely with the neanderthal West Brom, Burnley and Southampton fans who chose to abuse Bong.

I remember at the time the incident happened and during the investigation there was a fair amount of sympathy for JR on here and amongst fair minded Brighton fans generally whilst we also obviously backed our man.

Unfortunately the ridiculous, ignorant actions of those fans has riled everyone at Brighton hence the reaction to JR the other night. Yes we obviously shouldn’t really abuse him but there has been a fair amount of provocation up to this point.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
'IF...'

Saying that just telling him his breath stunk is being highly selective. The accusation was that there was a racist element to it. From there, this shouldn't be so summarily dismissed, irrespective of the lack of corroborative evidence.

You cant say either way, so you can't lable him a prick without being as bad as the West Brom fans doing the same to Bong.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
You cant say either way, so you can't lable him a prick without being as bad as the West Brom fans doing the same to Bong.

Did you read my post? Fine, prick might be a bit strong if Rodriguez's side of the story is true, but it still makes him come across as childish.

Calling someone a prick for making a good faith accusation is so obviously different though. It's not just that (in the scenario where Rodriguez was right) neither Bong nor Rodriguez were racist, so it's as bad to call one a prick as the other. By calling Bong a prick (or whatever other word delightful WBA / Burnley fans want to use) they are actively discouraging and vilifying someone for reporting what they believed to be a racist incident. The issue isn't the language used towards Bong, but if you're actively fostering a culture that makes it harder to report racist comments then that's a huge problem. Calling Rodriguez a prick is not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here