Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good chance of penalty shoot-out and Ryan not on the bench

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think there are two points here:

1) We have the same goalkeeping coach for all our keepers. Button got close to the penalties he faced in Ryan's absence. I wouldn't write him off.
2) Are you surprised? Hughton has always (at least since joining us) been focused on the league and treated the cup as a distraction, always made wholesale changes. Any significant cup runs have been largely due to the luck of the draw.

Wasn't it three he saved at the Asia Cup ?
This was a major reason for my concerns. Another was that in the event of injury to Button, we only had the fourth choice keeper on hand.

what a strange thread...………. Because you always change the keeper just before a penalty shoot out :ffsparr:
What a strange reply. An outfield player is sometimes replaced for one more appropriate in a penalty shootout, so why not a goalkeeper?

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
This was a major reason for my concerns. Another was that in the event of injury to Button, we only had the fourth choice keeper on hand.

What a strange reply. An outfield player is sometimes replaced for one more appropriate in a penalty shootout, so why not a goalkeeper?

Good news, we won. Penalties not required.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here