Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good chance of penalty shoot-out and Ryan not on the bench

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think there are two points here:

1) We have the same goalkeeping coach for all our keepers. Button got close to the penalties he faced in Ryan's absence. I wouldn't write him off.
2) Are you surprised? Hughton has always (at least since joining us) been focused on the league and treated the cup as a distraction, always made wholesale changes. Any significant cup runs have been largely due to the luck of the draw.

Wasn't it three he saved at the Asia Cup ?
This was a major reason for my concerns. Another was that in the event of injury to Button, we only had the fourth choice keeper on hand.

what a strange thread...………. Because you always change the keeper just before a penalty shoot out :ffsparr:
What a strange reply. An outfield player is sometimes replaced for one more appropriate in a penalty shootout, so why not a goalkeeper?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
This was a major reason for my concerns. Another was that in the event of injury to Button, we only had the fourth choice keeper on hand.

What a strange reply. An outfield player is sometimes replaced for one more appropriate in a penalty shootout, so why not a goalkeeper?

Good news, we won. Penalties not required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here