Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nantes FC and Cardiff

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Deduct Cardiff 10 points

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Of course they want the money, the player was sold and Cardiff need to pay up. Don't think Cardiff are refusing to pay though are they?

EDIT
Ok, looks like they are delaying payment while they check out the small print of the contract.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I've been waiting for this argument to kick off. It's been bubbling under the surface, but now the lid is off. Let the wrangling begin!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Is it likely that Cardiff (or any other PL team) have insurance to cover this type of scenario?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll try to reserve judgement until I've seen an actual statement from Nantes, as the report is rather emmotively worded in that they have "demanded" the first instalment.

IF its true though, then it is very distasteful when they haven't even officially recovered or identified the bodie(s) from that wreckage yet. Its being paid over 3 years anyway, they should have a bit of class and wind their necks in for the time being when it comes to the finances over this tragedy. And it should certainly not be made public when the families are still grieving.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Must be an insurance claim somewhere in all this?

Apparently so, I read it on one of the mainstreams that Cardiff can claim up to 16 mill. However they reckon the bill will be 30 mill somewhere along the road, which I nearly put on here and didn't for some reason. Perhaps someone can find the article.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
After Cardiff's "forever a bluebird" displays at the weekend it would seem quite churlish not to pay!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£15m is £15m whatever the circumstances, so you can see they would follow up. even if there's insurance, they'll still want to go over what point cover is from, conditions etc.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thankfully it’s the football industry so it should be sorted out in respectful way, with the thoughts of the family at the front of everyone’s mind.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Apparently so, I read it on one of the mainstreams that Cardiff can claim up to 16 mill. However they reckon the bill will be 30 mill somewhere along the road, which I nearly put on here and didn't for some reason. Perhaps someone can find the article.

Yep pretty much exactly what i heard (from Radio i guess)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here