Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Classic Emmerdale or current Emmerdale

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Nay Nay Nay Mr Wilkes... The older, even shitter version for me thank you. My dear old Nan used to watch it in the 1970's, and it was as interesting as a tour of sand dune back then as it is now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nay Nay Nay Mr Wilkes... The older, even shitter version for me thank you. My dear old Nan used to watch it in the 1970's, and it was as interesting as a tour of sand dune back then as it is now.

Similar to Take The High Road back in the day of Emmerdale Farm. And it was an afternoon show, not evenings. It really wasn't much fun then.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've a customer who used to be in "Hemorrhoid Farm" (as we used to call it) - and had an absolutely wild time in the 80's when it was a bit of a trendy show. Loads of funny stories and he's thankful they didn't have camera phones back then. Say no more.

Lovely bloke. You'd never guess in a million he was an actor. Has a house in Brighton.

CS56111172.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've a customer who used to be in "Hemorrhoid Farm" (as we used to call it) - and had an absolutely wild time in the 80's when it was a bit of a trendy show. Loads of funny stories and he's thankful they didn't have camera phones back then. Say no more.

Lovely bloke.
You'd never guess in a million he was an actor. Has a house in Brighton.

View attachment 104461

Bit rude, if you don't mind me saying.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Lovely bloke. You'd never guess in a million he was an actor. Has a house in Brighton.

View attachment 104461

Married Kathy, her third husband. Kathy Glover she became, he was David I think?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Had the misfortune to catch a bit of Emmerdale tonight. It really is shit. I mean really really shit. Really really really awful. In every way.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
7pm every bloody night. I should know. The missus is all over it like white on rice.

Well, this thread has at least taught me something. I had no clue what you meant by white on rice, so have just Googled it and now I know. For that, I thank you.

Emmerdale is still shit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
During wet school holidays etc, the Emmerdale of 40 years was a relaxing watch, with Amos, Mr Wilkes, the Sugdens. Similarly The Cedar Tree, Crown Court and The Sullivans. All very innocent and non aggressive, before Deadenders came on the scene.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, this thread has at least taught me something. I had no clue what you meant by white on rice, so have just Googled it and now I know. For that, I thank you.

Emmerdale is still shit though.

You have not been charged for this information.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Usually the best soap for eye candy but rarely watch any of these programmes these days.
To be fair you can miss 5 years of a soap yet still catch up in about two episodes.
Did enjoy the Aussie wench though, whatever her name is/was.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
During wet school holidays etc, the Emmerdale of 40 years was a relaxing watch, with Amos, Mr Wilkes, the Sugdens. Similarly The Cedar Tree, Crown Court and The Sullivans. All very innocent and non aggressive, before Deadenders came on the scene.

I loved The Sullivans. Australia made some good soaps, like Neighbours (the pre Ch5 version) Sons & Daughters, Flying Doctors, Prisoner Cell Block H. I never took to Home & Away.
The storylines were good, intriguing and addictive, even though the same actors appeared in all of them, and the scenery moved.
They were enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here