Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Classic Emmerdale or current Emmerdale

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They're currently re-running classics from 1990 and I find them far much better than todays helpings.

To all those that don't watch and think it's crap, don't bother posting and being a 'look at me'. Thank you in advance :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They're currently re-running classics from 1990 and I find them far much better than todays helpings.

To all those that don't watch and think it's crap, don't bother posting and being a 'look at me'. Thank you in advance :wink:

Come on, be fair.

How am I supposed to compete with this. :shrug: :lol: :kiss:

Does 1990's Emmerdale include the bloke in the Woolpack who never said anything.
If not, then it's not Classic Emmerdale.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Come on, be fair.

How am I supposed to compete with this. :shrug: :lol: :kiss:

Does 1990's Emmerdale include the bloke in the Woolpack who never said anything.
If not, then it's not Classic Emmerdale.

1990 not 1990s, they all have the non talkers in soaps. Where would Extras be without it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I liked it when it was Emmerdale Farm, a sort of Archers on tv, but then it went the way of Eastenders with doom and gloom, and every more extreme disasters. So I binned it.
Coronation Street was good, with great storylines and even comedy, but again started with the doom & gloom disasters, so I don't watch soaps now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I liked it when it was Emmerdale Farm, a sort of Archers on tv, but then it went the way of Eastenders with doom and gloom, and every more extreme disasters. So I binned it.
Coronation Street was good, with great storylines and even comedy, but again started with the doom & gloom disasters, so I don't watch soaps now.

That's why this 1990 classic revival is so good, not Emmerdale Farm but not the same as current day either. ITV2, record it and remember, good days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1990 not 1990s, they all have the non talkers in soaps. Where would Extras be without it?

Maybe it was just a fevered dream but I thought there was a named character, always sat at the bar, possibly a mate of Seth's, who never said a word.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
Used to quite like Emmerdale Farm, had a quaint pastoral quality to it that was completely lost when they dropped the Farm and went all 'sexy'.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Modern Emmerdale went a route for a younger element & glamour , you just have to compare the stars and how they became younger and dare I say have more sex appeal.

Used to be about a farm and its interactions with the other locals , now its about the others and how sizzly hot they can get between the sheets.

That said I neither commit myself to 'Classic' or 'Modern' as I have not actually watched it for a few years now :ffsparr:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Modern Emmerdale went a route for a younger element & glamour , you just have to compare the stars and how they became younger and dare I say have more sex appeal.

Used to be about a farm and its interactions with the other locals , now its about the others and how sizzly hot they can get between the sheets.

That said I neither commit myself to 'Classic' or 'Modern' as I have not actually watched it for a few years now :ffsparr:

In between this and that (life basically) I thought I'd been watching it for about 20 years, turns out from these classics, been watching since about 1988. Prefer 1990 to 2019.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The opening credits used to be all about tractors, ploughed fields, Seth's tache and mangey sheep. Now its all Range Rovers, discarded silky knickers left on the stairs, and used condoms in the woods.

Tells you all you need to know.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
The opening credits used to be all about tractors, ploughed fields, Seth's tache and mangey sheep. Now its all Range Rovers, discarded silky knickers left on the stairs, and used condoms in the woods.

Tells you all you need to know.

Sounds good, when's it on?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sounds good, when's it on?

ITV2, they do a back to back, I think it is 2pm to 3pm, but check, I have it on auto so have forgotten. Kathy Merrick was gorgeous.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
For me it stopped being Emmerdale Farm when Ma no longer had a pot of hot tea on the kitchen table, Amos poured a pint of lager and Seth did not go into the Woolpack on one occasion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For me it stopped being Emmerdale Farm when Ma no longer had a pot of hot tea on the kitchen table, Amos poured a pint of lager and Seth did not go into the Woolpack on one occasion.

The 1990 version still has all these!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here