Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cafe, coffee shop or similar in Lewes for a meeting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know Lewes very well.

Where would be a decent enough place in Lewes, as a halfway point for me and the other attendee, to meet someone for a work meeting? We don't need privacy or anything like that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Flint Owl Bakery on Cliffe High St very good for coffee & snacks or Cafe du Jardin on Malling St (I think) for something a bit more substantial (bistro-style but open early)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Bills is shithouse since they jumped the shark. As mentioned, the Depot does excellent coffee. There’s also a place opened about halfway up Station St, but can’t vouch for its quality.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I would 2nd Depot if that is the one part of cinema building. Often meet people there from Eastbrne as about half way

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Fuego Lounge...Easy parking behind. Or even White Hart Hotel. Wouldn`t recommend it for food or to stay(see trip advisor reviews). But if just after Drink and chat would be good.Comfortable and quiet.

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The best coffee in Lewes used to be at Baltica by the bottleneck. Sadly they got rid of the coffee shop bit to focus on pottery. Shame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't the question have been easier if it was:-

'Is there anywhere in Lewes that doesn't sell coffee?

I have no idea why I clicked on this thread.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
How about just a little further west, Dick's Bar? Free parking, the coffee's not bad and your money goes to the Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here