Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Decent pubs around London Victoria

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Any suggestions of decent pubs or areas to visit around London Victoria?

I know the horrible offerings directly opposite, But I though the wise heads of NSC may have some decent insight that could be shared.

Thanks in advance.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well l used to drink in a pub in Victoria back in the 1970's/early 80's called the Warwick Arms, it was around the back of the station opposite the old bus garage. Doubtless renamed or even demolished now.

No good to to the OP of course, just reminiscing!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Nicholson pub round the back isn't too bad St George Tavern, but I wouldn't seek it out

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
The Windsor Castle on Francis Street is a beautiful looking Victorian Samuel Smiths pub, or if you do not mind walking 20 minutes into Belgravia the Nags Head on Kinerton Street is a cracking pub.

theboybilly

Cask & Glass, Palace Street ( head up Victoria St towards Westminster and Palace Street is on the left) Small pub but one that I used when I worked up there. All our company leaving do's were held in pubs like the Shakespeare or The Victoria but the Cask & Glass was my little retreat. Haven't been there since I retired but I can't see it changing much

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The Buckingham Arms at 62 Petty France next to the Old Passport Office. Its about half a mile from Victoria so maybe a ten minute walk. Youngs Pub if you like their beer but it's a traditional London pub with lots of polished wood. Nearest tube is St James's Park one stop from Victoria, turn left and it's a two minute walk.

The Jugged Hare on Vauxhall Bridge Road is decent also.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The Buckingham Arms at 62 Petty France next to the Old Passport Office. Its about half a mile from Victoria so maybe a ten minute walk. Youngs Pub if you like their beer but it's a traditional London pub with lots of polished wood. Nearest tube is St James's Park one stop from Victoria, turn left and it's a two minute walk.

The Jugged Hare on Vauxhall Bridge Road is decent also.

Near to The Buckingham is (in my opinion) the superior The Speaker on Great Peter Street. It is an old school London pub, a free house and had several Seagulls in there before the Fulham debacle last week

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Windsor Castle on Francis Street is a beautiful looking Victorian Samuel Smiths pub, or if you do not mind walking 20 minutes into Belgravia the Nags Head on Kinerton Street is a cracking pub.

Nags head is one of my favourite pubs in London. What a gem

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Best places I ever did when I worked in the area were those around Petty France. All close to St James's underground but 10 min walk from Victoria.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Near to The Buckingham is (in my opinion) the superior The Speaker on Great Peter Street. It is an old school London pub, a free house and had several Seagulls in there before the Fulham debacle last week
Confess I don't know that one. Cheers for the tip, I'll have a look next time I'm in that area. :thumbsup::

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here