Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Any Christ's Hospital former alumni frequenting this parish?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lil Miss Stat has been provisionally accepted into the aforementioned illustrious establishment.

We're very excited for her, and are now wondering about what the future holds.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Lil Miss Stat has been provisionally accepted into the aforementioned illustrious establishment.

We're very excited for her, and are now wondering about what the future holds.

That’s fantastic news, how does she feel about the uniform.
9a83cc11211914e761cadd355fdcd691.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not a Christ's Hospital old boy, but I can verify that they had the best match teas after prep school rugby games in the 80s.

The uniform was always a source of some amusement with those stockings!

That said, as someone who's taught as a resident house tutor in the independent school sector, I'm sure she'll prosper there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s fantastic news, how does she feel about the uniform.
9a83cc11211914e761cadd355fdcd691.jpg

Not a problem there, it's hard enough to get her out of her comprehensive uniform.
She didn't bat an eyelid about it on her visits.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm sure Attila will be along very soon to give his views (hint: they're not flattering)

One of the lads in the cricket team I coach goes there - he seems to be happy enough

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure Attila will be along very soon to give his views (hint: they're not flattering)

One of the lads in the cricket team I coach goes there - he seems to be happy enough

It would be a shame if he did as he's unaware of the circumstances surrounding the application and clearly unaware of the structure of the school.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It would be a shame if he did as he's unaware of the circumstances surrounding the application and clearly unaware of the structure of the school.

I think it’s a fantastic opportunity for your daughter and am delighted that you have been able to facilitate this , great institution!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Let's hope not. Inverse snobbery has all-too-frequently been used to lazily criticize the independent sector.

Many children from less-affluent backgrounds were given the chance to attend schools through the assisted place system.

Excellent schools, whether state or private, should be welcomed by parents with views across the political spectrum.

Congratulations to you, the family and especially your daughter.

A good education is a gift that goes on giving.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not an old boy, but used to play rugby and cricket against them back in the early '60's.
Hope she does well and prospers.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Actually he'll be more than aware as he's an Old Boy himself and went there on a Scholarship. Not everybody thinks their old school is brilliant.

EDIT: Hopefully your daughter will come out of there a raving communist as well! :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Well, I know a little about your background and I think it's a great opportunity for your daughter, It's so important finding a school that's right for kids. I'm sure she'll thrive there

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Used to go fishing up there as a kid there was a square pond with a wall around it full of Crucian Carp. We used to fish with the penguins :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually he'll be more than aware as he's an Old Boy himself and went there on a Scholarship. Not everybody thinks their old school is brilliant.

Hoisted by my own pertard.

It's not often, on here, you can get a name checked into a thread.
Be broadly accused of political biased.
Have that debunked.
Then be apologized too because I jump to the very wrong conclusion.
All before actually posting yourself. :lol:

Sorry Attila I assumed when I shouldn't have done.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Used to go fishing up there as a kid there was a square pond with a wall around it full of Crucian Carp. We used to fish with the penguins :)

Don't they like kitkats?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They also attended a game at Withdean and played, great to see the my old school band

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here