Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
brand.gif
attachment.php

West Brom v Albion

FA CUP FOURTH ROUND - REPLAY

Venue: The Hawthorns
Date: Wednesday 6th February 2019
Kick-off: 20:05 GMT
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Stephen Child, Daniel Robathan
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss

TEAM NEWS

West Brom will be without ineligible loanees Stefan Johansen and Jefferson Montero, who joined after the original game, and the cup-tied Jacob Murphy.

Matt Phillips and James Morrison are both doubts because of ankle injuries.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton has stated that he will again rotate his squad, with Alireza Jahanbakhsh and David Button among those likely to come in.

Dale Stephens is doubtful with a hip problem, while Jose Izquierdo remains sidelined because of a knee injury.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: A home tie against Derby County awaits the winners, so whoever progresses from this replay is likely to be slight favourites to reach the last eight of the FA Cup.

Despite being very much in the hunt for promotion from the Championship, Darren Moore's West Brom have won only three of their last 10 home games in league and cup.

Moore has done a terrific job since taking over when relegation was a looming certainty and The Hawthorns mood was jaded and indifferent.

Brighton's problem has been scoring goals - and holding a lead when they do. Chris Hughton still has no cast-iron replacement for Glen Murray despite flashes of promise from Florin Andone and Jurgen Locadia. Murray is 35, and surely too precious to be risked at the home of the other Albion.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

West Brom head coach Darren Moore: "There's a huge admiration at this football club for the FA Cup and we are looking forward to the game. We know it will be tough.

"We look at this game and it is a possibility to change a few. There are a few (players) chomping at the bit and this may be an opportunity for some of those."

Chris Hughton: "It's a big challenge for us up against a side who are doing well in the league - they'll be giving it everything to get straight back up to the Premier League and they've brought in some good players during January.

"They have a good squad - I felt we should have won the first tie at home but now we have another opportunity to do so. It will be a very difficult game and we know that, but it's one we'll be looking to win."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]West Brom are unbeaten in 10 games against Brighton at The Hawthorns in all competitions since a 2-0 League Cup defeat in September 1976.
West Brom

• [*=left]West Brom have won only one of their past eight FA Cup home games against Premier League opposition.
    [*=left]Their only goal in two FA Cup matches so far this season came from Bakary Sako, who is no longer at the club.
    [*=left]Saturday's defeat by Middlesbrough was just their second in 15 games in all competitions.
    [*=left]They have drawn five of their last nine home matches.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have progressed from four of their last five FA Cup replays.
    [*=left]Their only victory in seven games in all competitions was the third-round win at Bournemouth.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost nine and won just three of 14 away matches in all competitions this term.
    [*=left]Brighton have kept only one clean sheet in their last 16 fixtures on the road since last April.
    [*=left]They mustered 24 shots, opposed to West Brom's six, in the goalless draw in the original tie.
    [*=left]Brighton reached the quarter-finals for the first time in 32 years last season.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Didn't realise our record at the Football League's highest ground was so poor.

What with that and the promise of warm weather training if we lose I'm predicting a home win.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hope we go for it.
As stated, a home tie v Derby would give us a good chance of getting to the last eight and that doesn't have to be to the detriment of our most important objective this season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
BBC & FA CUP
Auntie Beeb must be so frustrated today. BBC Radio 5Live has to push live commentary on the biggest match tonight, WBA v BHA in the prestigious FA Cup. Everton v Man City (because they don't have the right to have radio commentary) gets a very minor mention.
"We've live action across the BBC tonight as the two Abions go head to head in the FA Cup. Oh and Man City can go top of the PL, we'll tell you if they do."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Didn't realise our record at the Football League's highest ground was so poor.

What with that and the promise of warm weather training if we lose I'm predicting a home win.

I put a bet on us to win, both score just now. Then I thought about the lure of the warm weather training! I'm sure they'll be professional and try to win though..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Murrayoffside starts I'm going home...

... oh.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Worth a tinkle at West Brom to qualify at 11/10, might take the edge off losing if it happens.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
WBA forum saying they’ve sold just over 7000 tickets, as it stands the ground will be 2/3rds empty with all stands open.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
WBA forum saying they’ve sold just over 7000 tickets, as it stands the ground will be 2/3rds empty with all stands open.

I'm not having that, must have missed a 1 off the front, they bought more than 50% of that to the Amex (although I get it was their big day out at a PL club).

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Expecting a big performance tonight and a cruise through to play Derby , just cannot see WBA second XI (they wont risk too many first teamers after losing last weekend and the tough games ahead) holding out to what should be our better second XI. We have the depth , we have the quality that our squad should win against even WBA's strongest team.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Expecting a big performance tonight and a cruise through to play Derby , just cannot see WBA second XI (they wont risk too many first teamers after losing last weekend and the tough games ahead) holding out to what should be our better second XI. We have the depth , we have the quality that our squad should win against even WBA's strongest team.

Just seen your location, I left 5 years ago and my dad (doesn’t post anymore) still lives there. How long have you lived in the area?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Just seen your location, I left 5 years ago and my dad (doesn’t post anymore) still lives there. How long have you lived in the area?

Moved to the wonderful world of Grimsby in 2012 via (starting in Coldean way back in 60's) near the Level to Lancing and Plymouth. I probably would not recognise much of Brighton now a days as its been a good 19 years since my last return.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here