Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He's hard to gauge. Lovely skill, great to watch, very talented but he really does need to improve his decision making in the final third.

I’m more worried about the final third. Silly foul that gave away the free kick for the goal

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting watching a game as the favourite for a change. The better side by miles across two games. We had 52 shots and 20 corners. Two goals disallowed and a clear penalty not given but “plucky West Brom”, a massive ten places below us in the football pyramid are described as unlucky. Nothing like sticking to the narrative BBC.

So it wasn't just me who thought the commentary was horribly biased.

And if you make three substitutions in the 90 minutes and then somebody limps off at the bdginning of extra time, that's tough.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Bissouma's best game for us. Other than his shooting and the odd sloppy pass, he's really starting to show why we splashed the cash on him

Agree he needs calm down on the shots though. They were getting embarrassing!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Interesting watching a game as the favourite for a change. The better side by miles across two games. We had 52 shots and 20 corners. Two goals disallowed and a clear penalty not given but “plucky West Brom”, a massive ten places below us in the football pyramid are described as unlucky. Nothing like sticking to the narrative BBC.
It was bullshit from the BBC all night, both on the radio and telly.

Still we won so tough titties to the lot of them.

:salute:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I watched carefully through 6 cans of 1664 and a bottle of red.....

Never in doubt. The better team by a healthy margin. And we should have had a pen. The list of Anker Referees grows ever longer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So it wasn't just me who thought the commentary was horribly biased.
No. We started well, then they had a good 5 minutes and the commentator said West Brom had started brightly. I thought we were the better side in the first half, and then clearly the better side in the second.

Balagon was an absolute muppet, but he was also fouled. It's not ok to try and lift your opponent up by their shirt. So what does the commentator say? He said that Balagon was guilty of obstruction :lol: What an idiot. How is standing still, waiting for the ball to come down, obstruction :facepalm:

The one big area where West Brom were unlucky of course, was Andone not being sent off. After that, we should have had a penalty, and their goal should have been disallowed.

And if you make three substitutions in the 90 minutes and then somebody limps off at the bdginning of extra time, that's tough.
Maybe, but still a bit unlucky.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He's had a shocker tonight. Truly abject.

We win as a team, we lose as a team. He made some errors, but It was his first game back after injury and he will be better.

Personally I find it hard to criticise him as this is what I see whenever anyone mentions him.

dtpvtinwoaatd_b-480x279.jpg

Just look at their faces.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We do need someone to replace Murray don't we? Someone who just gets the job done. Never fancy, never assists - just scores.

It's true to say, and it was obvious tonight that we are fine until we get in the box (except Dunk/Duffy headers from set pieces) Glenn is the only player who consistently scores in the box with his feet and head.
Apart from that I thought we played really well tonight with the players we had on the pitch away from home against a difficult side.
The ref was incapable of making a tough decision, we should have had a penalty, but we could have been down to 10 early on too.
The missed chances from all those created is a worry, but sometimes matches go like that.
We need a stronger side against Derby, they are more than decent and we should start taking this seriously, a great chance this year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's true to say, and it was obvious tonight that we are fine until we get in the box (except Dunk/Duffy headers from set pieces) Glenn is the only player who consistently scores in the box with his feet and head.
Apart from that I thought we played really well tonight with the players we had on the pitch away from home against a difficult side.
The ref was incapable of making a tough decision, we should have had a penalty, but we could have been down to 10 early on too.
The missed chances from all those created is a worry, but sometimes matches go like that.
We need a stronger side against Derby, they are more than decent and we should start taking this seriously, a great chance this year.

Need to pick up some league points before that game so CH can use more of the usual first choices

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here