Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm absolutely delighted to post that in the end, all I had was a really bad chest infection and nothing more sinister. I got the brilliant news yesterday and it was so emotionally draining. I was also fortunate that there was a hospital counsellor to talk to and I have been referred for mental health checks and regular counselling. It will take some time with my head but the NHS are just incredible in our time of need.

I just wanted to thank absolutely everyone who has PM'd or sent their best wishes. Almost everyone has had a story to tell; some extremely moving. One thing I've learnt is that there are a couple of posters on here that are really going through the mill in their private battle at the moment and I fully respect the need for privacy. I've felt quite humble in terms of that - well, I got lucky. As a passionate gambler of horses and football, this has been my best win since I started betting many years ago.

I hope that in the beautiful and delicate way that NSC has comforted me to a point that I thought couldn't be reached on this thread, that anyone posts their health concerns. This is far, far more than just a football forum. It's life and all the challenges that this world throws at us.

Lastly, thank you NSC and God bless you. I absolutely love you all. :thumbsup:

Best wishes.

Durlston (Andrew).

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I'm absolutely delighted to post that in the end, all I had was a really bad chest infection and nothing more sinister. I got the brilliant news yesterday and it was so emotionally draining. I was also fortunate that there was a hospital counsellor to talk to and I have been referred for mental health checks and regular counselling. It will take some time with my head but the NHS are just incredible in our time of need.

I just wanted to thank absolutely everyone who has PM'd or sent their best wishes. Almost everyone has had a story to tell; some extremely moving. One thing I've learnt is that there are a couple of posters on here that are really going through the mill in their private battle at the moment and I fully respect the need for privacy. I've felt quite humble in terms of that - well, I got lucky. As a passionate gambler of horses and football, this has been my best win since I started betting many years ago.

I hope that in the beautiful and delicate way that NSC has comforted me to a point that I thought couldn't be reached on this thread, that anyone posts their health concerns. This is far, far more than just a football forum. It's life and all the challenges that this world throws at us.

Best wishes.

Durlston (Andrew).

HURRAH! Great news. Not sure "well done" is he right comment, but you know what I mean.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Best wishes.

Durlston (Andrew).

Brilliant news! Take care of yourself Andrew x

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great news!
I had a massive scare with skin cancer last year after attending the "Over 40" Mens Health check at the Amex, & the staff of the NHS that dealt with it couldn't have been any better in their handling of it all. Quickly seen & given the all clear after the summer much to my relief. I guess I may be seen as biased (my wife and best mate work for the NHS), but everyone that works in our health service, from the top surgeons right the way down the ladder to the porters etc, are absolute heroes in my opinion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Best wishes.

Durlston (Andrew).

Marvellous news.......great to hear [emoji122][emoji122][emoji106]

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

Best wishes.

Durlston (Andrew).

Dust yourself down, tick this off in the task book of life, chin up. onwards and upwards m8y :clap2::salute:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I missed this thread first time round. Glad everything was sorted :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here