Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The last few hours have felt all like a blur but at about 10pm tonight I started coughing up blood and feeling like I was going to choke to death. A very, very frightening experience.

I called an ambulance and was talked into coming down to Brighton. I'm on my own now, just staring at monitors. I was very reluctant at coming down from Haywards Heath. My mother came with me in the ambulance but has now gone home.

I'm so scared. I don't know how long I'm going to be living this nightmare. Nothing seems to be happening.

I just want to die right now. I'm so sorry. I don't want to upset anyone.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Hang in there, fella.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Look on the bright side. At least you got out of Haywards Heath!

Hope you get a better idea of what’s going on soon! Keep us updated.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Things always seem worse in the small hours. Hospitals are unsettling places at the best of times. You’re in the right place and you’ll know more in the morning. Nothing happens at night in hospital but I’m sure they’ll be on it first thing.
All the best, hang tough.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've been sedated and feel a bit calmer. Sleep is impossible with all the blood tests and noise though.

I went for an x-ray and I have a lump on my right hand side of my chest. At this stage they're not sure what they're dealing with. They did say a chest infection could well be the cause so I have to stay positive and upbeat.

Thank you to everyone on NSC who has contributed and help me through it. I'm not ashamed to say I absolutely blubbed my eyes out earlier.

I'll keep everyone updated later on today. Sorry for my strong emotions earlier.

NSC really is full of amazing people. Reading through the lovely responses has been very comforting.

God bless you all.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've been sedated and feel a bit calmer. Sleep is impossible with all the blood tests and noise though.

I went for an x-ray and I have a lump on my right hand side of my chest. At this stage they're not sure what they're dealing with. They did say a chest infection could well be the cause so I have to stay positive and upbeat.

Thank you to everyone on NSC who has contributed and help me through it. I'm not ashamed to say I absolutely blubbed my eyes out earlier.

I'll keep everyone updated later on today. Sorry for my strong emotions earlier.

NSC really is full of amazing people. Reading through the lovely responses has been very comforting.

God bless you all.

No shame whatsoever, and absolutely no need to apologize to anyone. There's both a time for stiff upper lip and just letting it all out.
Hope for the best case scenario, definitely the time of the year for any kind of chest infection eh.

Fingers crossed for your results, and keep in touch. :albion2:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
All the best mate, hope things are looking, and feeling better this morning!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Christ, no need to apologise.......

Glad things have settled down at least a bit. Hope you get some more clarity on the cause today and then they can start to treat whatever it is. Must have been terrifying. Best wishes fella.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Nothing wrong letting your emotions show fella.

I had a similar experience a few years ago, so long as you’re in hospital they will get you sorted. Someone else posted about chest infections, it’s definitely that season and entirely manageable (on my second one since November)

Try and be objective, medical science is a wonderful thing these days [emoji1303]

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I really hope things are better for you this morning mate. You were here for me in a family related health scenario a few years back and so now it's my turn. Chin up chap, knock 'em for six eh? Pesky winter bugs, who needs em? Get well soon.:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here