Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Oscars

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hollywood rocked by news of no host for this years Oscars

One of the highlights of everyones year, always stay up to watch the Academy Awards and enjoy all of the glitz and glamour and find out who everyone is wearing.

Massive missed opportunity for me in them not having a host this year. Why does the host have to be American anyway given this is a ceremony with global prominence and importance. Sure they could get someone from the UK like Stephen Mulhern or James Corden who would do a fabulous job.

It is however pleasing to see our very own Chris Evans announced as one of the 13 presenters of the awards instead.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That's a bit sexist if you don't mind me saying. I'd love to see Cat Deeley given a shot at showing the world how us Brits can helm the glitziest show in town.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not the shouty ginger Chris Evans fortunately, not that I’ll be watching anyway :smile:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It is however pleasing to see our very own Chris Evans announced as one of the 13 presenters of the awards instead.

It's a typo, it's actually Ched Evans as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences decided this years awards hadn't had enough controversy after the Kevin Hart thing and the nomination for Detainment in Best Live Short category..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hollywood rocked by news of no host for this years Oscars

One of the highlights of everyones year, always stay up to watch the Academy Awards and enjoy all of the glitz and glamour and find out who everyone is wearing.

Massive missed opportunity for me in them not having a host this year. Why does the host have to be American anyway given this is a ceremony with global prominence and importance. Sure they could get someone from the UK like Stephen Mulhern or James Corden who would do a fabulous job.

What's to love, all that fake plastic, botox, bleached teethed false images strutting about, showing no emotion, because if they did, the whole lot would probably crack and fall on the floor :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here