Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Liam neeson

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You’re a bit of a prick.

What an odd retort. I picked up what I considered a poor attempt at humour. As one who is not shy in coming forward with their insults you have decided to continue. I’m really not a prick and as far as I know I have never challenged any of your posts before.

You hold a very high opinion of yourself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What an odd retort. I picked up what I considered a poor attempt at humour. As one who is not shy in coming forward with their insults you have decided to continue. I’m really not a prick and as far as I know I have never challenged any of your posts before.

You hold a very high opinion of yourself.

Dammit, you got to it before my edit. I was just wishing you a fun packed weekend and I stand by that. Keep smiling , sausage.

TBTC

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dammit, you got to it before my edit. I was just wishing you a fun packed weekend and I stand by that. Keep smiling , sausage.

TBTC

Thank you for you kind words and concern for my fun packed weekend. I hopefully will enjoy tomorrow evening from my vantage point in WSU.

You too have a wonderful time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with Sam Harris here.

He also makes a good point about how if it were a rape by a cop, and Neeson went out looking for a cop to kill, it would be the same story. You can't say Neeson is racist because the rapist was black, but he wouldn't be racist if the rapist was a cop and he did the very same thing.

If we didn’t consider it ‘race-related’, in the event the rapist were a cop, and he went looking other cops, that would be because ‘Policeman’ is not generally considered to be a ‘race’.

You’re weird :mad:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As was pointed out somewhere else, the Neeson expose kind of distracts from the fact that most of his recent films extoll violent and grisly murder as the only way to seek justice. Not my kind of film by the way !, Never seen any of these Taken movies and wouldn't want to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As was pointed out somewhere else, the Neeson expose kind of distracts from the fact that most of his recent films extoll violent and grisly murder as the only way to seek justice. Not my kind of film by the way !, Never seen any of these Taken movies and wouldn't want to.

I love a wide range of films, including action dramas with Liam Neeson. Like so many other films that are never going to win an Oscar, it’s pure escapism for 2 hours.

The discussion on whether violence or revenge in films affects real people is complex, and should necessarily include modern computer games.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If we didn’t consider it ‘race-related’, in the event the rapist were a cop, and he went looking other cops, that would be because ‘Policeman’ is not generally considered to be a ‘race’.

You’re weird :mad:

Well exactly. If someone went about hurting coppers a warning would go out saying he dislikes police and is a danger to officers. If someone went about coshing black people a warning would go out saying he is a racist and a danger to people of colour.

I am surprised people are struggling with this so much.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
If you believe it was about race, the you would have to believe that he's a racist then?

What about a woman who gets raped, and feels anger towards men and takes her revenge out on other men.

Would you say she was being sexist?

Stuff like this doesn't fit into the simple catergories of arbitrary prejudice, much as some people would apparently like it to.

we-should-improve-society-somewhat-yet-you-participate-in-society-19213023.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd imagine this thread needs to end here:-

[tweet]1094005279467933698[/tweet]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cold Pursuit was released and took $ 10.5 m at the US Box Office this weekend and number 3 in the list so it does not seem to have put off his fans

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cold Pursuit was released and took $ 10.5 m at the US Box Office this weekend and number 3 in the list so it does not seem to have put off his fans

Good. I saw the poster for it a while back and wanted to go and see it. I like a brainless action flick so I shall be popping along this week to watch that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good. I saw the poster for it a while back and wanted to go and see it. I like a brainless action flick so I shall be popping along this week to watch that.

I am glad it got released and is doing well especially as Piers Morgan and others tried to end his career. Liam does some decent action films. Taken was an absolute cracker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here