Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our centre midfield

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Stephens should be 4th choice for me. Kayal is a better player.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think this is an area of the pitch where we have struggled at times this season but thought we looked a lot stronger in centre midfield on Saturday with Bissouma starting ahead of Stephens and really hope now Bissouma and Propper start every game there when fit. I do think they are both quality players and hands up, I’m not a big Stephens fan.

Anyway I’ve seen some comments on here from people saying that Stephens should be our first choice pick and that he’s the engine of our team which I find bizarre and I’ve just never seen, I think he is a weak link for us now.

Anyway, thought I’d look at the stats and this season with him starting we average only 0.94 points per game which is relegation form. Without him starting we average 1.38 points per game, top half form.

Surely it’s time we dropped the loyalty and started with our best players in the most important part of the pitch? We might start to make progress then.

Not far off.

Again, if I can see it months ago, why can’t our manager?!

Hughton out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not far off.

Again, if I can see it months ago, why can’t our manager?!

Hughton out.
I've been saying for a long time that it's in CM that we're weakest - our CMs need to be replaced and upgraded. Which ones go and which ones stay as back up I don't really mind, as long as we get two in who are significantly better than anyone we've currently got. Even if that does use all our transfer budget in the summer.

Oh, and Hughton in, please.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
How many times tonight did I see both our midfielders just in front of the back four when looking to start an attack....!!! There was simply no outlet from defence

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Molumby was really good against Everton U23's the other day, he'd be an option.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Did we have a midfield today or Saturday?

I think they have got lost somewhere as they were nowhere to be seen :ffsparr:

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
There are so many things wrong with our team and the centre midfield is just part if it. It would help them alot if our wingers would actually do something with the ball like beat a player rather than just pass the ball back to them to start again and force them to try and play a through ball

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Dear Dale Stephens,

If you aren't even going to TRY, please just don't come to the ground. Genuinely mate. Just throw a sickie or something. You really shouldn't bother turning up if you aren't even going to pretend to give a sh1t.

Yours sincerely,
Everyone

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Kayal and Biss for me. Propper and Stephens were woeful tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here