Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A listing of Albion's professionals in 2018-19 with current status and contract duration

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Here it is folks - your definitive guide to the entire Brighton and Hove Albion professional playing staff in 2018-19, all 69 contracted professionals (of whom 21* are currently out on loan).

*When Aaron Connolly recovers from his hamstring injury.

Chris Hughton has, for the first time, not used up his allowable PL squad quota of 25; he has named just 23 players in his over-21 squad. There are 8 over-21 players out on loan, with Soufyan Ahannach the sole over-21 player who is neither out on loan nor named in the PL squad.

Albion have 37 U-21 professionals, of whom 13* are out on loan.

The listing shows the contract duration of the entire playing staff, although for many of the U-21 players this is a guesstimate on my part because the club has become tight-lipped over contract awards for some of these players in recent years. So, if you happen to live next door to the likes of Alex Cochrane, play squash with Jordan Davies on a Tuesday night or know Tom McGill's dad you might like to drop me a discreet PM so I can get the list updated. :thumbsup:

The handful of development squad youngsters for whom I have already written up detailed player profiles have a link to these articles next to their listing. I hope to add a few more of these profiles through the duration of the season.

Enjoy - it isn't a snazzy title, but it does exactly what it says on the tin - Brighton & Hove Albion 2018-19 - February Premier League squad, U-21s and contract durations

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cheers [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]
Brilliant work as always :thumbsup:

Need to get José Izquierdo to extend contract.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Fine work! [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] :albion2:

Looking at those contract dates, we have something like a 3 to 5 year plan with this squad of players I'm guessing?

If you have any concrete information with regards to the uncertain contract lengths of development squad players please send me a PM so that this list can be kept updated and as accurate as possible

You're very good at this sort of stuff, aren't you
:bowdown:
What, publishing restricted data useful to anybody wanting to poach our youngsters? The Club has culled the information it releases for a reason.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Here it is folks - your definitive guide to the entire Brighton and Hove Albion professional playing staff in 2018-19, all 69 contracted professionals (of whom 21* are currently out on loan).

*When Aaron Connolly recovers from his hamstring injury.

Chris Hughton has, for the first time, not used up his allowable PL squad quota of 25; he has named just 23 players in his over-21 squad. There are 8 over-21 players out on loan, with Soufyan Ahannach the sole over-21 player who is neither out on loan nor named in the PL squad.

Albion have 37 U-21 professionals, of whom 13* are out on loan.

The listing shows the contract duration of the entire playing staff, although for many of the U-21 players this is a guesstimate on my part because the club has become tight-lipped over contract awards for some of these players in recent years. So, if you happen to live next door to the likes of Alex Cochrane, play squash with Jordan Davies on a Tuesday night or know Tom McGill's dad you might like to drop me a discreet PM so I can get the list updated. :thumbsup:

The handful of development squad youngsters for whom I have already written up detailed player profiles have a link to these articles next to their listing. I hope to add a few more of these profiles through the duration of the season.

Enjoy - it isn't a snazzy title, but it does exactly what it says on the tin - Brighton & Hove Albion 2018-19 - February Premier League squad, U-21s and contract durations

Many Thanks.

Looking at the U-23's, the one that stands out as requiring attention looks to be Ben Hall

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brilliant. I was looking for this today. Over Maguire Drew and Richie Towels status. Cheers really valuable data. Appreciate the time you put into this.
Richie Towell did an interview in an Irish newspaper in the summer saying that the club had an option on a further season after this one. I didn't save a link to it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mentioned on radio we have second most loanee’s only bettered by Chelsea. Not sure if correct.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Looking at the U-23's, the one that stands out as requiring attention looks to be Ben Hall

Apart from appearing in a handful of pre-season friendlies for Notts County, he will miss this entire season (the Notts County website reported in January when he returned to Albion that he was likely to miss the rest of the season through injury). He no longer qualifies as an U-21 player from next season, so will be interesting to see what the club does. Of the other out-of-contract U-21s, Will Collar and goalkeeper Billy Collings will also be too old to qualify as U-21s next season.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Soufyan Ahannach the sole over-21 player who is neither out on loan nor named in the PL squad.[/URL]

Unlikely he'd get a game for the first team, but why not name Ahannach in the 25 man squad if we have spaces available?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cheers AZ. It looks like the club is following the Chelsea model of getting a whole load of youngsters in and then chucking them all out on loan. I'm guessing this is a good business model (TB is certainly no fool), but do you think a) it is sustainable and b) other clubs will follow suit?

I can see the sense of it, but not sure I like it. In the case of, say, Walton, is he REALLY going out on loan to get experience for when he steps up to the first team, or is that just a 'line' that is being fed to try and bump his price up to the most willing suitor?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here