Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Wagamama full vegan English breakfast.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why is it made but fails to look like meat?

Surely the transparents don’t even want their grains and seeds to look fleshy

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
What is this tedious obsession with commenting on veganism? If you're not a vegan, it doesn't affect you. So why bother?

I suppose there are people who are getting so upset that other people are actually discussing veganism, but if it's not for you, turn over on to the other side. Fancy getting your knickers into such a twist that you feel compelled to confirm your veganless status, lest anyone think you're anything less than a MAN. Jesus wept.

Some 'vegan' meals are very nice, but making something look like meat is the strange thing for me. Especially when it doesn't even look like it in the first place which makes it less appetising. Why not just celebrate the ingredient itself rather than try and (poorly) market it as meat for vegans?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some of you on here are incredibly fragile, it's laughable how offended and insecure you get when the word vegan is posted anywhere

It's a bit like the Madonna song.

'Like a Vegan
Touched for the very first time...........'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What is this tedious obsession with commenting on veganism? If you're not a vegan, it doesn't affect you. So why bother?

its as tedious as the vegans telling us to stop eating meat.

i am fascinated at the desire for vegan food wanting to look like meat, though. heres a good example, why make use "full english" instead of a new breakfast name?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wetherspoons do a vegan full english also. The sausages are actually brilliant.

Does it come with Gammon ? I'm sure there were distinct Gammon references on the front of the Spoons Watchtower that I recycled when I got home tonight .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I suppose there are people who are getting so upset that other people are actually discussing veganism, but if it's not for you, turn over on to the other side. Fancy getting your knickers into such a twist that you feel compelled to confirm your veganless status, lest anyone think you're anything less than a MAN. Jesus wept.

Oh stop getting your knickers in a twist. Most people are commenting because for some reason suppliers of vegan food think it a good idea to call vegan 'bacon' ..... well bacon. Really ..... just call it what it is. Vegan's don't wish to eat meat yet some strangely want their food to look like it and be called after meat products :facepalm:

Don't get me started on DXE though ..... bunch of ****s.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

i am fascinated at the desire for vegan food wanting to look like meat, though. heres a good example, why make use "full english" instead of a new breakfast name?
" Full Japanese " tends to give the impression that you are only going to get a handful of rice when you order.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Is that what they do? You've decided that vegans 'tell' people what to eat.

As much as some non-vegans on here are doing exactly the same, while actually threatening violence and death against vegans, purely based on what they choose to eat?

'Fascinated' - good euphemism.

As I pointed out, it doesn't affect you, so why bother commenting? It doesn't mean anything.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh stop getting your knickers in a twist. Most people are commenting because for some reason suppliers of vegan food think it a good idea to call vegan 'bacon' ..... well bacon. Really ..... just call it what it is.

Not that you're trying to prove my point...

Vegan's don't wish to eat meat yet some strangely want their food to look like it and be called after meat products :facepalm:

You know what vegans want? How very imaginative of you. Never realised you'd appointed yourself as vegans' spokesperson.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not that you're trying to prove my point...

You know what vegans want? How very imaginative of you. Never realised you'd appointed yourself as vegans' spokesperson.

So if you are not a vegan you cannot make any comment ?

Perhaps we need a vegan only section......

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
As much as some non-vegans on here are doing exactly the same, while actually threatening violence and death against vegans, purely based on what they choose to eat?

Really ?? Where ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Think you need to get out a bit more.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
" Full Japanese " tends to give the impression that you are only going to get a handful of rice when you order.

i like it, more inventive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

can you show any reported incident? and just to check, are you barring anyone from commenting on anything that "doesnt affect" them, or limiting this to veganism?

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Because people like the taste of meat but not the cruelty of it you dense ****

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
can you show any reported incident? and just to check, are you barring anyone from commenting on anything that "doesnt affect" them, or limiting this to veganism?

What's the betting he's discussed something on his radio show that "doesn't affect" him ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here