Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] UK Pink Floyd Experience...Theatre Royal Saturday 9th February 2019 @ 7.30pm

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just booked a ticket for this show. Anybody seen them? Any good? Better than the Aussie version?

Tbh really looking forward to this as haven't been to the Theatre Royal for a long time.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Just booked a ticket for this show. Anybody seen them? Any good? Better than the Aussie version?

Tbh really looking forward to this as haven't been to the Theatre Royal for a long time.

I haven't seen these guys but have watched a few videos and they seem pretty good.

I think they do things on a slightly smaller scale to Australian Pink Floyd and Brit Floyd. I've seen both a number of times at The Brighton Centre and their shows are huge with amazing laser shows, inflatable pigs etc (even an inflatable kangaroo when watching Aussie Pink Floyd).

So enjoy the show on Saturday and keep a look out for Brit and Aussie Floyd - there's usually one of them at The Brighton Centre most years.

Let us know what you think :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's Brit Floyd the one i want to see.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So you're giving the Burnley home game a miss to see a tribute act

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

Saw them in Tunbridge Wells about 3 years back. Musically spot on but without the stage presence or light show. They did get a bit lively for the final song Run Like Hell and everyone was on their feet at the end asking for more. Close your eyes and it’s hard to tell it’s not the real thing.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Saw them in Tunbridge Wells about 3 years back. Musically spot on but without the stage presence or light show. They did get a bit lively for the final song Run Like Hell and everyone was on their feet at the end asking for more. Close your eyes and it’s hard to tell it’s not the real thing.

Someone?
Anyone?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

But live, wasn't Pink Floyd about the lights, animation, and props combined with the sound and stage presence. If you close you eyes, why not just sit at home, put a pair of headphones on and listen to Pulse, it would be extremely difficult not to believe its the real thing

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I haven't seen these guys but have watched a few videos and they seem pretty good.

I think they do things on a slightly smaller scale to Australian Pink Floyd and Brit Floyd. I've seen both a number of times at The Brighton Centre and their shows are huge with amazing laser shows, inflatable pigs etc (even an inflatable kangaroo when watching Aussie Pink Floyd).

So enjoy the show on Saturday and keep a look out for Brit and Aussie Floyd - there's usually one of them at The Brighton Centre most years.

Let us know what you think :thumbsup:

Bit late for a review but the performance wasn't that great tbh. I'd been down to Southwick Square for a haircut and did a little shopping in the Co-op and then popped into the Beer Engine for a livener and then got interested in the rugby that was on. Subsequently getting home and dropping off shopping as planned went by the board. Trying to get a taxi around 6.45pm would have been ideal in getting me to the Theatre for around 7.15pm. However they couldn't promise me a taxi for at least half an hour so I took my chance on the bus service which dropped me in North Street after 8pm. Time I'd got to my seat I'd missed around fifty minutes as they had started on the planned time. The second half wasn't bad but I didn't see any passion. The musicians themselves were competent and played well but there was little rapport with the audience and apart from polite applause there was little passion shown by the crowd either. Felt a little disappointed by the time it all finished but on the other hand it was great hearing the Pink Floyd music live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here