Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton has said there may be warm weather training

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
.....if we go out of the cup.

So jolly up in Dubai or a cold Feb afternoon Vs Derby....

Welllllll the FA cup has been fun this season. Shame it's over !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
It is a shame they have to fly somewhere warm to train. Now we are a Premier League team, you would think they would have the foresight to build a modern training facility with an indoor pitch.

Oh hang on???????

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Judging by the Fulham result they'd be far better off doing some cold weather training somewhere snowy, rather than dicking about on a jolly in the sun. Sake!

Last edited:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The 2/1 about West Brom is looking tempting.....

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I must admit I was a bit :annoyed: when I heard that

Why? The last few teams I've watched on TV that mention they had X days in Dubai that week have won their games, it's anecdotal but I can remember a few teams doing it during a dip in form and coming back and winning. If a trip to Dubai wins us 3 points v Burnley then I'm delighted with that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lets be fair, after the Burnley game we will have a week off due to the League Cup Final, I would have been suprised if we didnt go away.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Why? The last few teams I've watched on TV that mention they had X days in Dubai that week have won their games, it's anecdotal but I can remember a few teams doing it during a dip in form and coming back and winning. If a trip to Dubai wins us 3 points v Burnley then I'm delighted with that.

I think it’s the fact that we go if we get knocked out of the FA cup, in theory we are offering the players an incentive to lose at WBA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've already got a blank weekend this month, with Chelsea being in the Carabao Cup Final. Surely they can have their little jolly then ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Save the warm weather training until July and concentrate on a cup run that doesn't end until May

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think some are making judgements on the players based on their own approach. Does anyone really believe that players who have given up a lot to be able to play football would not try to win a game because if the chance of a short term break in the sun where they will still be training as opposed to taking a short holiday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've already got a blank weekend this month, with Chelsea being in the Carabao Cup Final. Surely they can have their little jolly then ?

Well quite.

Sat 9th Prem v Burnley

Sat 16th FAC v FLD

Tue 26th Prem v Leicester

Okay, its not the SEVENTEEN day holiday they might like, but there is still a TEN day gap, between a potential fifth round tie v FLD, and the Leicester game. Plenty long enough for a bit of warm-weather bonding, if such a thing is deemed beneficial.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
I think it’s the fact that we go if we get knocked out of the FA cup, in theory we are offering the players an incentive to lose at WBA.

The players are definitely going to Dubai regardless of the result on Wednesday - it's just a matter of when there is time in the schedule.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well quite.

Sat 9th Prem v Burnley

Sat 16th FAC v FLD

Tue 26th Prem v Leicester

Okay, its not the SEVENTEEN day holiday they might like, but there is still a TEN day gap, between a potential fifth round tie v FLD, and the Leicester game. Plenty long enough for a bit of warm-weather bonding, if such a thing is deemed beneficial.

FLD.

Took me a while, but I got there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here