Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Keith Hackett on Mike Dean

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I regret I don't know how to attach a link.

In the Sport section of the Telegraph every week, Keith Hackett writes a column on refereeing over the weekend.

Today he focuses solely on the lack of good decision making by The Complete And Utter Shyster and his confrontational approach to strict and and swift application of the Laws to the detriment of the match. He compares him unfavourably with the constructive approach of Atkinson in the Sunday match.

Hands up who disagrees with him

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

In the Sport section of the Telegraph every week, Keith Hackett writes a column on refereeing over the weekend.

Today he focuses solely on the lack of good decision making by The Complete And Utter Shyster and his confrontational approach to strict and and swift application of the Laws to the detriment of the match. He compares him unfavourably with the constructive approach of Atkinson in the Sunday match.

Hands up who disagrees with him

Thanks for the tip. Here's the link: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-dean-should-try-quiet-word-rather-going-war/

Always good to read that other referees think that he is an incompetent attention seeker, far more interested in fame than in helping to create good matches. (It doesn't actually say that, but I have filled the gaps with my own prejudices).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

It's very, very simple. Just copy the address of the webpage in question (from the address bar at the top of your web browser) and then paste it into the post creation box. NSC then automatically makes the link clickable as long as it contains the http:// (or https://) prefix.

Thanks for the article, interesting read.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Always good to read that other referees think that he is an incompetent attention seeker, far more interested in fame than in helping to create good matches. (It doesn't actually say that, but I have filled the gaps with my own prejudices).

Yet give him fame and attention :dunce:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mike Deans failure to admit it was a case of mistaken identity when he gave Dunk his second yellow card against Bournemouth, which would have seen his one game ban overturned was a case of shithousery if the highest order.

The man is a prima Donna,

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Off you pop

Tw*t
5c2048c8a654c722f357d21ed15c0ee8.jpg

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The Complete And Utter Shyster reeks, utterly reeks, of a bloke who wanted to be a footballer but wasn't anywhere near good enough. Armed with a massive chip on his shoulder he went into refereeing with the sole intent of making the game less enjoyable for anyone and everyone.

well your post just about nails it for me. He is a total twunk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
MD is a little dictator in his style, lacking any sense of charm, rapport with players or human side.

Atkinson makes key errors, he’s far from exceptional.

Re: Leicester v ManUre. Dean missed 2 straight reds, as clear as anything:

1. A typically snide Vardy the Ratboy challenge, very late into the ankle of an opponent.

2. A spiteful Matic karate kick to an opponent near the end, deliberate, no where near the ball, designed to hurt.

Both called at the time by the Sky team.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Indepth interview with Keith Hackett by Set Pieces

In my mind, I’m a perfectionist,” he says. “And there are games that I see week in, week out where I get disappointed because of the errors the referees make. I think there’s a lot to be done to improve the standard of refereeing. The current standard of refereeing in the Premier League is low compared to how it was before I left as the PGMOL boss. There are certain referees currently on the panel who, if I were the boss, wouldn’t be on the panel at all.

“I think the best referee at the moment is Michael Oliver. And we have a very mature referee in Martin Atkinson, who seems to get better with age. We also have referees who ought to hang up the whistle. Lee Mason is one. I worry about them bringing Simon Hooper on. I think there are referees who are better than him. And I don’t think the process is as transparent as it should be.”

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

In my mind, I’m a perfectionist,” he says. “And there are games that I see week in, week out where I get disappointed because of the errors the referees make. I think there’s a lot to be done to improve the standard of refereeing. The current standard of refereeing in the Premier League is low compared to how it was before I left as the PGMOL boss. There are certain referees currently on the panel who, if I were the boss, wouldn’t be on the panel at all.

“I think the best referee at the moment is Michael Oliver. And we have a very mature referee in Martin Atkinson, who seems to get better with age. We also have referees who ought to hang up the whistle. Lee Mason is one. I worry about them bringing Simon Hooper on. I think there are referees who are better than him. And I don’t think the process is as transparent as it should be.”

This Hackett seems to know his onions

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Keith Hackett was a tremendous ref in his time

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

[/QUOTE}

i was surprised to learn in a recent exchange the these refs are only on a salary of @ 70 k ......i mean i know it's decent money but with the overall volume of money involved in the game these days and the ramifications of shithouse refereeing , of which there are quite a few serial offenders currently i really think the level of officiating should be improved to elite level asap.......refs who continually make errors should be nailed to a plank outside lancaster gate and there should be a barrel of rotting fruit or offal for disgruntled, money paying fans to hurl at them to show their distaste..........it was only 200 years ago you could be burnt or drowned for having a wart on your face or hung drawn and quartered for disrespecting the realm .......this level of entertainment is what is really missing from British culture currently....imho.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
So why do Professional Game Match Officials Limited select him for so many games?

They obviously like what he does, despite the fact that he is not popular among fans - only 2 officials (Atkinson & Oliver) have taken charge of more games than Dean so far this season according to the Telegraph article.

As Hackett suggests, maybe Clubs (and players) need to do a bit more homework on the officials in charge of each game so they are not giving a card happy ref a reason to get their yellows & reds out.

I'm not sticking up for Dean here, but there's no smoke without fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here